Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 2017 570 it had 1,700 miles on it and the seller had recently replaced the original tires with a set of Terra Bites. I have been very happy with the Terra Bites and have ridden just about every terrain imaginable {desert sand, rocks, rock climbing, mud, snow etc.} over the last 2,000 miles. Despite them still looking pretty good I am starting to notice the rear end getting a little loosey goosey especially on dirt and gravel surfaces. I do some riding on asphalt but not much and even at 55 mph the ride is decent.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Don't know if these are still available, if so I will probably just buy another set. I would like to retain the incredible off road traction these provide but keep the same asphalt performance as well. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am I jumping the proverbial gun here? Do they look it's time to replace to you or do you think I can get another thousand out of them??? Hopefully you folks can get down to Payson this year as the riding is awesome... right out of our driveway and I have plenty of room for you and your rig{s} in our driveway{s}.

:cool:

·
Registered
2022 Pro XP4
72 Posts
Whatever you do don't get dirt commanders, they are only good for maybe 800 miles, I tried 2 sets of them and they are a joke! Incredible offroad traction for the first 2 or 300 miles until they are at 50% then they are garbage until they are bald at about 800 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Am I jumping the proverbial gun here? Do they look it's time to replace to you or do you think I can get another thousand out of them??? Hopefully you folks can get down to Payson this year as the riding is awesome... right out of our driveway and I have plenty of room for you and your rig{s} in our driveway{s}.

They appear to still have pretty decent tread left, but if you're feeling like it's doing more spinning than getting then it may be time. It could be the difference in terrain you're riding or even getting more confidence and riding more aggressively.
I switched our tires on the xpt this spring with still half the tread depth, but they just wouldn't grab like I wanted.
Looking like we're heading your way for February'ish. Looking forward to seeing more of your area.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Must be the difference in terrain... yeah right. LMAO. You will love this area and you won't need any stinking RV park. I'm sure we can accommodate your rig in one of our driveways. Here are a couple of shots of my buddies set up {an F-350 long bed pulling a cargo trailer} 40' overall:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Plant Motor vehicle Truck

Tomorrow my other buddy from San Diego is rolling in with his 40' DP pulling his XP on a trailer. We will just unload the buggy and park the trailer in the other driveway and then he can back right in, even have dedicated 30 amp power available. I have a number of awesome rides planned and they all start at the end of our driveway{s}. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Must be the difference in terrain... yeah right. LMAO. You will love this area and you won't need any stinking RV park. I'm sure we can accommodate your rig in one of our driveways. Here are a couple of shots of my buddies set up {an F-350 long bed pulling a cargo trailer} 40' overall:

View attachment 684716

View attachment 684717

Tomorrow my other buddy from San Diego is rolling in with his 40' DP pulling his XP on a trailer. We will just unload the buggy and park the trailer in the other driveway and then he can back right in, even have dedicated 30 amp power available. I have a number of awesome rides planned and they all start at the end of our driveway{s}. :cool:
Sounds sweet! Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Whatever you do don't get dirt commanders, they are only good for maybe 800 miles, I tried 2 sets of them and they are a joke! Incredible offroad traction for the first 2 or 300 miles until they are at 50% then they are garbage until they are bald at about 800 miles.
I have 2,400 miles on dirt commanders and still have over half tread left.Great off road and suck on pavement

·
Registered
406 Posts
If they are not doing what you want, or what you think they should be doing then it is time to change.

I have 5000 miles on mine, on a 900 trail. These see at least 20% pavement. I have a new set sitting in my garage because I was ready to change them. I was putting it off because we had a ~150 mile paved run we were planning but never made. Then it was after our main riding season so I have not changed them yet.

I am not sure when I will change them out. If we just keep running around our local area I will keep them on till they won't perform. We went out a couple of weeks ago and hit some muddy areas. While they did not perform as well as new, it was still more than adequate.

I will change them out before we take off in February on a multi month trip, just so I do not have to deal with it on the road.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nwcid, yours look a lot like mine. thanks one and all for the input... think for now I'll just keep running these until I start seeing a more noticeable difference in the performance. While I do enjoy just jumping in the Rzr for short around town runs asphalt is not why I have a SXS. Fortunately about a mile from home the pavement ends and I have a 4+ mile stretch dirt road that winds through a stretch of gorgeous mountains with lots of side trails.

If I ride about 3 miles through town FS road 209 opens into unlimited mountain access with hundreds of miles of varied riding from river crossings {the east Verde River} to rocky high country two tracks. When I want to hit the asphalt for some fun I take my Can Am Spyder RT. Happily they both will fit {one at a time} into my 6 X 10' cargo trailer which tows nicely behind either the 24' Class C or my Honda Ridgeline for even more adventures. Here are a few pics.

My new parking pad for the trailer:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

2017 Can Am Spyder RT at Roosevelt Lake
Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Ecoregion

It's tight but the Spyder just fits into the trailer
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Had too much fun playing in the snow last January, hoping for more of the same this winter
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car Snow

Life is good!
:giggle:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Ya I would keep running them.
Get your moneys worth out of them.
Just replace them when you think it's time, But personally I would run them to the ground.
Yep I’m going to run Mine to the ground just got new tires today maybe spring time put them on or sooner . Mongrels 28x10x14

·
2017 RZR 570 EPS
2017 RZR 570 EPS: 27" Terrabites, Superwinch, Fully Custom Aux Electric Panel, Tusk Doors, Roof
13 Posts
I also have a 2017 EPS, and I put 27" Terra Bites on mine as well. Love them. Lots of hardpack mountain terrain where I ride, and I've never been wanting for traction..... This is coming off a mountain near Hill City, SD.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"I also have a 2017 EPS, and I put 27" Terra Bites on mine as well. Love them. Lots of hardpack mountain terrain where I ride, and I've never been wanting for traction..... This is coming off a mountain near Hill City, SD."

Did you keep the same width from your original tires? I would love to go up to 27" but the fronts are 25 X 8 and the rears are 25 X 10 and I don't think there would be clearance on the fronts for a wider tire??? Other than buying larger wheels did you make any other modifications and what was the cost of the new tires and wheels? TIA.

·
2017 RZR 570 EPS
2017 RZR 570 EPS: 27" Terrabites, Superwinch, Fully Custom Aux Electric Panel, Tusk Doors, Roof
13 Posts
"I also have a 2017 EPS, and I put 27" Terra Bites on mine as well. Love them. Lots of hardpack mountain terrain where I ride, and I've never been wanting for traction..... This is coming off a mountain near Hill City, SD."

Did you keep the same width from your original tires? I would love to go up to 27" but the fronts are 25 X 8 and the rears are 25 X 10 and I don't think there would be clearance on the fronts for a wider tire??? Other than buying larger wheels did you make any other modifications and what was the cost of the new tires and wheels? TIA.

I ordered 27x9-12 for the front and 27x11-12 for the rear. No spacers or lift at this time. When at full compression I get the slightest rub against the cab when turning left all the way, but everything fit fine for me on the stock wheels.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts