Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 2021 XP1000 and am currently running the stock 29” BigHorns, 11” wide in rear, 9” in front.

I’ve don’t ride as hard as a lot of people do, but I’m in north eastern Tennessee and ride Royal Blue, Brimstone, Tackett, Windrock, etc., so I see a lot of mud, rocks, and ruts and would like to get some bigger tires.

What tire size and rim size combinations/offset will work without additional modifications? I’d like them to be the same on all 4 corners so I can have a single spare. The trails I ride can handle some additional width. A spring upgrade is in my future as well, but I don’t want to have to also do clutch and gearing changes. Of course when I go to pick the specific tires and wheels, I’ll be taking into consideration their weight.

I’ve searched the forum prior to posting, but with so many years and models around, didn’t find an answer for my particular scenario.

Thanks in advance!

·
craigstumph
2019 ultra low geared Turbo S 4
15,152 Posts
32" will be the max and they may rub a little. A 15x7 5+2 rim should work great all around. A 1" wheel spacer will restore the width lost in the back because Polaris machines are narrower in the back. Most people don't bother with the wheel spaces. Which wheels and tires do you have in mind?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t have any specific wheels in mind, but am leaning toward Carnivores or Rampages. I don’t do rock climbing but do see a fair amount of mud so Rockzillas don’t seem like the right choice for me, and they are pretty heavy.

rather than brands of wheels and tires, I’m more interested in knowing what sizes and offsets will work to have clearance and be fine with the stock clutch and gearing.

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
1,181 Posts
So your at 68” then?

reason I ask is we are limited in Wisconsin to 64”. I have never seen a warden with a ruler, but there are gates on the trails that I believe are 66” so at 68” I would not fit.
Going to 5+2 offset and 10 in wide tires usually makes it 68" total. You could stick with stock rims or go with 5+1 or 6+1 offset if that's an issue.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am running four stock front wheels and 30x10 x14 rampage tires look good and works great I did do a clutch kit but it’s also a 4 seater I am at 66 in the front and as said about a inch narrow in the back 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🍻🍻🍻🍻👍👍👍
FJB💩

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve got a 2021 XP1000 and am currently running the stock 29” BigHorns, 11” wide in rear, 9” in front. I’ve don’t ride as hard as a lot of people do, but I’m in north eastern Tennessee and ride Royal Blue, Brimstone, Tackett, Windrock, etc., so I see a lot of mud, rocks, and ruts and would like to get some bigger tires. What tire size and rim size combinations/offset will work without additional modifications? I’d like them to be the same on all 4 corners so I can have a single spare. The trails I ride can handle some additional width. A spring upgrade is in my future as well, but I don’t want to have to also do clutch and gearing changes. Of course when I go to pick the specific tires and wheels, I’ll be taking into consideration their weight. I’ve searched the forum prior to posting, but with so many years and models around, didn’t find an answer for my particular scenario. Thanks in advance!
If you go to 32in you should look into getting the weight kit for the primary clutch that way you don’t have trouble with your belt in the future.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts