Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering what stereo setups you guys like best
looking to do a custom speaker set/ or maybe speaker an sub on my rzr.

What do you guys think are the best mounting options/location
sub/speaker vs just speaker

I dont mind doing some custom work hope to hear some great thoughts
Thanks

·
SSV Sales
2,074 Posts

Thanks
Save yourself a ton of work, we have all the pods and sub enclosures done and you get a -10% forum discount.

SSV Works - RZ-UDSB10

SSV Works RZ2-FKP65

·
Registered
759 Posts
I personal like the stereo systems mounted above the head due to all the mud and slope we ride in. Make a mold and try your hand at some fiberglass and bondo, get a good sander and you'll be surprised what you can make. I also enjoyed making mine and saved lots of $$$$$

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I like the wakeboard tower speakers that clamp down to roll cage or the headsets if riding with passenger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personal like the stereo systems mounted above the head due to all the mud and slope we ride in. Make a mold and try your hand at some fiberglass and bondo, get a good sander and you'll be surprised what you can make. I also enjoyed making mine and saved lots of $$$$$
Thanks for the help thats what im gonna try and do. do you have roof mounted speakers? they mount nice?

·
Registered
179 Posts

Thanks
Save yourself a ton of work, we have all the pods and sub enclosures done and you get a -10% forum discount.

SSV Works - RZ-UDSB10

SSV Works RZ2-FKP65
SSV Pods are the way to go! Ya you could make something (probably wont look as good) and:headbang: whats your time worth to you??? I got two for the front and two for my bed and paired them with Jl Audio Marine grade speakers and Jl marine amp (700w 5 channel) and it sounds awesome! Just gotta get the sub encloser and it will really be thumpin'!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like a lil different look then the ssv i bet they work great but i got the time and already some supplies just want a fun project.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks for the help thats what im gonna try and do. do you have roof mounted speakers? they mount nice?
Yes I made a box with 2 speakers and a amp area and a place to put iPod in also and it fits into center area under my roof, also working on a second box tht will go in the back area above also and will have 3 additional and a amp also ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346810833.907786.jpg . I did not make it a complete enclosure as I use my roof as the back of the box. It's all sealed up with weather stripping when roof is installed an if I take roof off I have instant access to my wiring. Its Awsome when u finish the product and it looks as good as a store bought item for 1/4 of the cost plus I had a good time doing it. If u have any questions let me know I learned a lot making my first box

·
Registered
13 Posts

Thanks

SSV Works - RZ-UDSB10

SSV Works RZ2-FKP65
Can you PM me a price for 2-6x9 PODS and a 10" sub POD. Thanks

Sorry for going off topic:rollfinger:

·
Registered
185 Posts
i have the shark 250 watt system with amp 3.5 inch speakers, wireless remote. it has plug ins for ipod or phone, sd card, usb jump drive. i added 2 additional speakers also. i got it all for around 150.00 shipped from gooddeals18.com. its plenty loud and i am very satisfied.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I made a box with 2 speakers and a amp area and a place to put iPod in also and it fits into center area under my roof, also working on a second box tht will go in the back area above also and will have 3 additional and a amp also View attachment 57460 . I did not make it a complete enclosure as I use my roof as the back of the box. It's all sealed up with weather stripping when roof is installed an if I take roof off I have instant access to my wiring. Its Awsome when u finish the product and it looks as good as a store bought item for 1/4 of the cost plus I had a good time doing it. If u have any questions let me know I learned a lot making my first box
That looks really awesome!! yeah nothing beats it when you build something for less such a good feeling.
Im curious as to how exactly you mounted it to the RZR. Cost to build?
thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
I had 49$ in Pyle marine grade amp, 79$ in kicker marine grade 6" speakers and around another 75$ in materials. So I'd say $200 range give or take. What I did was built a mirror object mold of what I wanted the box to look like. When I layer the fiberglass cloth and brushed resin on I left a big lip at the top all the way around. Then as I made the box and added bondo and more fiberglass I strengthened this area. Then put box in from top allowing edges to lay on roll bars and the. When finished trimmed it up to look clean. My roof is bolted down Oem aluminum Polaris and it holds the stereo box in place. No brackets or screws needed ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346867683.830670.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346867705.436213.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346867727.366304.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346867778.331894.jpg . Lots of sanding also

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
What works best or me is Boise noise canceling aviation head set I plug into my rugged radio.

the Boise is designed for airplanes so the noise canceling feature eliminates all engine noise.

All I hear is the Music from my iPod, and the head set is also Bluetooth that I have paired with my phone.

Think about it Boise quality speakers and no engine or wind noise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had 49$ in Pyle marine grade amp, 79$ in kicker marine grade 6" speakers and around another 75$ in materials. So I'd say $200 range give or take. What I did was built a mirror object mold of what I wanted the box to look like. When I layer the fiberglass cloth and brushed resin on I left a big lip at the top all the way around. Then as I made the box and added bondo and more fiberglass I strengthened this area. Then put box in from top allowing edges to lay on roll bars and the. When finished trimmed it up to look clean. My roof is bolted down Oem aluminum Polaris and it holds the stereo box in place. No brackets or screws needed View attachment 57530 View attachment 57531 View attachment 57532 View attachment 57533 . Lots of sanding also
Thanks for the pics that looks cool
Gonna give it a shot for something similar

·
Registered
531 Posts
i have the shark 250 watt system with amp 3.5 inch speakers, wireless remote. it has plug ins for ipod or phone, sd card, usb jump drive. i added 2 additional speakers also. i got it all for around 150.00 shipped from gooddeals18.com. its plenty loud and i am very satisfied.
I've been considering the same set up. where did you mount the amp?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I Just bought the cheap 100W system from shark motorcycle. The 90 degree brackets on the speakers actually mount to the rool cage at the 45 degree braces. There is a hole there and a bolt, nut and washer hold them there nice and solid. I just used steel tape and mounted the amp to the roof. cost be $69 plus 4 bolts(-5). Definetly not the best sound but does the trick for me and it's plenty loud. I'll try and post picks soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts