Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my Saturday guys......
I had some extra fuel in the cargo box that had maybe a 1/4 gal in it. And released pressure earlier that morning

IMG_4342.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Long story short.. driving to the trailer less than 1/8 mile away. I was coming down a mountain from a ride. I was having some temp problems so I decided to call it a day. Anyway driving and I heard a noise sounded like a chain slack for a quick second hit the throttle everything was fine, then looked in the rear view to see purpleish black colored smoke immediately pulled over and that’s when the flames shot way high. Me and my passenger got out as fast as we could. I only got a small burn on my finger trying to pull the fire extinguisher. Wish I had three of them lol. And it melted to the ground in minutes. Not how I wanted to spend my Saturday.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The fire story’s always scare me as I usually have the kids in the bench seat in the back. Most fires I ever hear about though are on models a few years old, like pre 2018 models it seems..

·
Registered
47 Posts
So glad you were not hurt. Terrible loss. Ut it can be replaced. Any chance you were carrying fuel too? Just curious as to the cause of it. Probably hard to determine from the remains.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had some extra fuel in the cargo box that had maybe a 1/4 gal in it. And released pressure earlier that morning

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hmmmmm............At first I thought it was just your Duramax going in to regen......or maybe it was a PowerStroke. :)
LOL Just teasing

1 - 20 of 29 Posts