Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Because stock is 1-3/4. I and most people will use 1-3/4 .095 wall DOM.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
mine is 1.50Ø" x .095". it makes your RZR look different that's all.

Main reason is we have tubing in stock. But not 1.75Ø". Stock cars haven't been required to use that for years.
yes modified class stock cars run 140mph and are only 1.50Ø".
But they are made from real steel.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
the bigger tubing looks a little better. plus, a lot of accessories are sold for 1.75 OD tubing since thats the stock size. when i build mine i'm probably going with 0.095 wall.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
mine is 1.50Ø" x .095". it makes your RZR look different that's all.

Main reason is we have tubing in stock. But not 1.75Ø". Stock cars haven't been required to use that for years.
yes modified class stock cars run 140mph and are only 1.50Ø".
But they are made from real steel.
Huh.......:question:

3. ROLL CAGE: Must consist of continuous hoops, minimum 1.75 inch O.D. tubing, with minimum wall thickness of 0.095 inch for main cage, frame-mounted in at least six places, low carbon or mild steel recommended. Must consist of a configuration of front, rear and top hoops connected by tubing on sides or side hoops. Driver’s head must not protrude outside cage with helmet on. Roll cage must be securely supported and braced with minimum one cross bar in top halo. Foot protection bar required. Main cage no further forward than rear of engine. All bars forward of cage must be lower than hood.

4. DOOR BARS: All driver side door bars and uprights must be minimum 1.5 inch O.D. with 0.083 inch wall thickness. Minimum three driver side door bars, parallel to ground and perpendicular to driver, and welded to front and rear of roll cage. Passenger side must have at least one cross door bar, horizontal or angled, minimum 1.25 inch O.D. with 0.083 inch wall thickness, and one top door bar, minimum 1.5 inch O.D. with 0.083 inch wall thickness. Steel door plate, 18 gauge or 0.049 inch minimum thickness, must be securely welded to outside of driver side door bars and cover area from top door bar to bottom door bar and from rear hoop down-post to five inches in
front of seat. Must be visible for inspection.

View attachment 58558

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
Have been working with this crew for about 5 years. 2 cars active in the UMP modified. About 700 HP there i think.
Granted I only help on the cars, I don't spec anything.
Tube bender and wall of stock in the shop....but no 1.75Ø".
in fact there was a frame out on the iron pile they were saving. It was 2 or 3 years old and I wanted to cut out some 1.75 and couldn't find any.
That's when he said why we don't stock 1.75 anymore.
I wanted to see what the tightest radius could be achieved for my EZR cage.
Silly me. Bending lesson 101. So I did made the intrusion bar out of 1.50Ø" but those are anyway.
We have both DOM at $6/ft and the good seamed at $2.50/ft.
Willing to learn here.

All that aside many Jeep crawlers are 1.5Ø" and look good to me.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts