Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turbo S 2019 less than 600 mile 90 hrs, replaced tender springs, both bottom ball joints bad, right front bearing shot pulled left front to find bearing not pressed in correct. Very disappointed to spend this much money for a toy then have to replace with aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Turbo S 2019 less than 600 mile 90 hrs, replaced tender springs, both bottom ball joints bad, right front bearing shot pulled left front to find bearing not pressed in correct. Very disappointed to spend this much money for a toy then have to replace with aftermarket parts.
Bearings from the factory come with very little grease in them. Common practice for me is straight off the showroom floor is to grease all 4 wheel bearings with a wheel bearing greaser such as the tiger tool 44mm model. Now the bearing pressed in wrong and bottom ball joints is pretty unfortunate at 600 miles. I'm curious as to why you had the tender springs replaced?

·
Can't 'Member.
585 Posts
Bearings from the factory come with very little grease in them. Common practice for me is straight off the showroom floor is to grease all 4 wheel bearings with a wheel bearing greaser such as the tiger tool 44mm model. Now the bearing pressed in wrong and bottom ball joints is pretty unfortunate at 600 miles. I'm curious as to why you had the tender springs replaced?
XMARGH I watched your video on the tiger tool,seems like something I need to grab. Can you confirm the Turbo S has the same 44 mm bearings as the regular XP machines?

·
Registered
458 Posts
XMARGH I watched your video on the tiger tool,seems like something I need to grab. Can you confirm the Turbo S has the same 44 mm bearings as the regular XP machines?
Yes I can confirm they are still using the same bearing size. 44mm will fit. One of the few items I was able to carry over from the XP1K chassis.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,085 Posts
I assume it's not under warranty anymore although I still would have taken a picture of the bearing not pressed in correctly and sent it to Polaris. They might have done a goodwill warranty.
What kind of terrain do you ride in and how do you drive?
600 miles and 90 hours?
I have 1700 miles and 87 hours. Haven't done a thing to it but it's not a turbo.
I don't see why having a turbo would make them install different bearings.
Do you ride through water a lot?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We were in lot of mud holes back in the winter and there were 2 turbo 1000 with us every trip and not had any problems with them. I did tear into my S and had one ball joint going south, I went ahead and replaced lower ball joints, bearings and put Sandcraft carrier bearing in just like I did on my brothers bike, We did send picture of hub to dealer and he is going take care of us. Sure helps when you got good dealer.

·
Registered
458 Posts
We were in lot of mud holes back in the winter and there were 2 turbo 1000 with us every trip and not had any problems with them. I did tear into my S and had one ball joint going south, I went ahead and replaced lower ball joints, bearings and put Sandcraft carrier bearing in just like I did on my brothers bike, We did send picture of hub to dealer and he is going take care of us. Sure helps when you got good dealer.
This is starting to make sense now. Factory bearings will not survive in the mud if they are not consistently greased. Same goes for the carrier bearing, if you do mud your going to need to find a greasable option. I used to own a Highlifter, and carrier bearing did not last long but that's the price you pay to stick them in mud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts