Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not 100% up on the nomenclature of the rzrs yet. I have a 2014 800ps h.o. Im not sure what threads i am supposed to be on? Also curious on what width it is? I guess other then doing maintence on it, what the hell it is lol. My title doesnt tell you squat about it, And i never got a book with it. I need all the info i can so i can figure out what compression ratio it has because the P.O. dusted it and i want to get the correct pistons for it. It runs great, has 170 on the pump, but juat has that annoying piston rattle with no oil useage. Any insight is very helpful and I thank every one in advance and look forward to the great discussions!!

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I'd recommend contacting Pullerguy, Les. I think he might know more about the 800 than Polaris. You should be able to find him in the 800 specific thread, if not, message me and I'll get you his email. Click on his avatar next to his name, it will give you the option message him.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here's info on how to determine the model ID from service manual - follow the RZR 800 thread and General thread, use the search function if your looking for specific info
  • width will depend on which RZR 800 model you have and what changes from stock (wheel spacers, rims, etc) may have been made.
  • stock "800 Trail" models are approximately 50" wide - stock "800 S" models will be approximately 60" wide.
Photos from Owners manual show where to find VIN & MNF data label on 800's

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Go to this website and enter your vin # VIN Search | Polaris Sportsman

That will give you the Model#
Below is a spreadsheet of options and colors based on model # for 2014 & 2012

Measure the overall width tire to tire.
Factory options (check to make sure wheel spacers have not been added).
50" is trail model (12" rims)
55" is XC model (14" rims with different offset spacing)
60" is S model (longer A arms and axles)
The picture in your other thread looks like a 50" model, but they did not come stock with 14" rims.
Rims may be from different model.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Since you are asking due to a dusted engine you need to be aware of the "HO" or High Output models. From 2008 to 2010 the "S" model and the 4 seater were the only HO models and had 11:1 compression pistons. Everything else was non HO. From 2011-2014 they merged the engine and everything was HO and had the 11:1 pistons.

If you are looking to buy new pistons get the 11:1 and you'll be good for a 2014 800 any model. Stock size is 80mm. You can get big bores but you need a cylinder too - you can't just bore your cylinder out since these are nikasil plated. 12:1 compression requires race gas.

The service manual states that compression should be between 165-185 psi. If you have "170 at the pump" then you are not dusted.

Some rattle is normal with these machines. It's more likely the valve train rather than a piston knock. These use a flat tappet cam and hydraulic lifters and are noisy. Make sure your PRV valve is not stuck and you are using a good quality oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts