Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost I apologize because I dont know if I'm posting this in the correct place. I'm not very good with computers and such.
I recently purchased my first rzr. It's a 2020 xp turbo. Ive rode quads all my life and have had polaris rangers but it was a massive step up to the turbo rzr from a 570 ranger. It scared me BAD at first. Now I'm use to it and am looking for more power. I want to stay around 93 octane. I plan to run 30" tires. Most of my riding is agricultural field roads and gravel roads/ pavement. I am unsure on what performance mods to do. I have been looking at Evo and aftermarket assassins. What do y'all recommend? Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I haven't got there with performance stuff yet but you are for sure in the right place. Tons of info here with very friendly people and tons of knowledge!

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,109 Posts
I would recommend Aftermarket Assassins hands down over Evo personally. I’ve had the AA tunes since new pretty much and don’t have any complaints, you can run up to a stage 3 on 93 octane and it will rip.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,109 Posts
Ive been leaning towards A.A honestly. I'm confident I'm able to install everything myself except for the clutch work. I dont know how to do it so it's been intimidating to think about.
It's not really hard at all, and learning your way around the clutch box is greatly beneficial in the long run. Mike at AA has great customer support as well, and I'd be glad to help with any questions you might have in doing the work too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not really hard at all, and learning your way around the clutch box is greatly beneficial in the long run. Mike at AA has great customer support as well, and I'd be glad to help with any questions you might have in doing the work too.
Thanks. I've heard their costumer service was top notch. Stage 3 is the one I've been looking at

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,109 Posts
Thanks. I've heard their costumer service was top notch. Stage 3 is the one I've been looking at
You won't be disappointed, it will require you adjust the waste gate a little bit, but Mike has a pretty good video on Youtube about it, it's not very difficult at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You won't be disappointed, it will require you adjust the waste gate a little bit, but Mike has a pretty good video on Youtube about it, it's not very difficult at all.
That's easy. Just an actuator rod twist or 2 to adjust crack pressure. I'm pretty good at working on stuff I just feel a little afraid of the clutch stuff because I've never done it. Definitely don't wanna mess that part up

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,109 Posts
That's easy. Just an actuator rod twist or 2 to adjust crack pressure. I'm pretty good at working on stuff I just feel a little afraid of the clutch stuff because I've never done it. Definitely don't wanna mess that part up
It's pretty simple really, you don't have to pull the primary clutch off if you don't want to, just the cover, which is just 6 bolts with very little spring tension behind them, and the the weights come out but just removing the pin, which is a nut and allen head bolt. The secondary isn't hard to get off the machine at all, you'll need a secondary spring compressor, but that can be as simple as a piece of all thread with fender washer and nuts (that's actually what AA sells as the tool), then it's just 3 torx head bolts to get the spring & helix out.

A service manual is a good thing to have around, and while I don't have a link for a 2020 XPT manual, HERE is one for a 2018/19 Turbo S, which is the same as far as the clutch goes, and most other things outside of suspension and the front diff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's pretty simple really, you don't have to pull the primary clutch off if you don't want to, just the cover, which is just 6 bolts with very little spring tension behind them, and the the weights come out but just removing the pin, which is a nut and allen head bolt. The secondary isn't hard to get off the machine at all, you'll need a secondary spring compressor, but that can be as simple as a piece of all thread with fender washer and nuts (that's actually what AA sells as the tool), then it's just 3 torx head bolts to get the spring & helix out.

A service manual is a good thing to have around, and while I don't have a link for a 2020 XPT manual, HERE is one for a 2018/19 Turbo S, which is the same as far as the clutch goes, and most other things outside of suspension and the front diff.
I actually have one for the 2020xpt just havent looked at it 😆

·
Registered
156 Posts
I felt the same way tearing into my clutch for the first time but once you're in it, you realize it's pretty simple really.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
All the power mods that have been mentioned are all good. In my opinion the first thing I would do is to install a S&B particle separator. No matter what engine mod you go with if your air filter gets clogs up with dust your engine will not perform well. Yes you can just clean your air filter but on a long dusty ride you are not going to stop to clean your filter. The S&B was one of the best mods I did to my ride.
S&B 1.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone have the service manual for the 19/20 xpt?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
[/QU
All the power mods that have been mentioned are all good. In my opinion the first thing I would do is to install a S&B particle separator. No matter what engine mod you go with if your air filter gets clogs up with dust your engine will not perform well. Yes you can just clean your air filter but on a long dusty ride you are not going to stop to clean your filter. The S&B was one of the best mods I did to my ride. View attachment 645227
That looks like a sweet machine

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
For sure,AA.. I had evo on my 16. No complaints. And I have AA on my 19. But just having mike in your corner is worth going with AA

·
Registered
124 Posts
First and foremost I apologize because I dont know if I'm posting this in the correct place. I'm not very good with computers and such.
I recently purchased my first rzr. It's a 2020 xp turbo. Ive rode quads all my life and have had polaris rangers but it was a massive step up to the turbo rzr from a 570 ranger. It scared me BAD at first. Now I'm use to it and am looking for more power. I want to stay around 93 octane. I plan to run 30" tires. Most of my riding is agricultural field roads and gravel roads/ pavement. I am unsure on what performance mods to do. I have been looking at Evo and aftermarket assassins. What do y'all recommend? Thanks.
Agree with everyone on this page! You won’t be disappointed going with Mike from AA. Extremely good customer support.

·
Registered
124 Posts
All the power mods that have been mentioned are all good. In my opinion the first thing I would do is to install a S&B particle separator. No matter what engine mod you go with if your air filter gets clogs up with dust your engine will not perform well. Yes you can just clean your air filter but on a long dusty ride you are not going to stop to clean your filter. The S&B was one of the best mods I did to my ride. View attachment 645227
Is that a clutch vent I see? If so were you having belt issues ?

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Is that a clutch vent I see? If so were you having belt issues ?

I actually had two blowers for my clutch. One ran at all times and the other I would turn on when needed. I had a Razorback belt temp gauge so I always knew what my belt was doing as far as temp. I never had any problem with my belt with over 2000 miles.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts