Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Polaris filter is good. I did notice on the Maintenance manual there are two filters for the polaris. Both will fit but one is longer than the other. Amsoil filters are also very good.

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Polaris filter is good. I did notice on the Maintenance manual there are two filters for the polaris. Both will fit but one is longer than the other. Amsoil filters are also very good.
Ok thanks for the info! I think I will probably go with Maxima Oil and the Polaris Oil filter.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
I have 10,000 miles on my 2015 1000XP, most of it with the Amsoil and wix oil filters. Last oil change I tried Mobil 1 5w50 and it seems to be working well. Nothing but R2C air filters since new, as I spent the majority of those miles in the horrible central Oregon dust. I have yet to find a speck of dust inside the intake tube.
I used Amsoil 5W 40 for my 2006 VW Tdi diesel. Close to every 40,000 miles cambuckets destroyed & and cam, needed to be replaced twice then I got rid of the piece of junk Car.

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

Just got my oil today just waiting on the oil filter witch should be here tomorrow, And then this weekend I will be doing a bunch of the maintenance like, Greasing all the zurk fittings, Pulling the skid plate and getting all the mud and crap out of under there, Replacing the belt, Blew it last weekend, And I think that is it! Thanks again for all the recommendations!

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Good idea! I will do that if there is any under the skid plate.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I run Rotella T6 and Wix filter. Mainy because I have a few machines and use the same oil in all of them. I haven't checked the current rebates but last year when I bought it Wal Mart had the gallon jugs for under 20.00 and there is a 7.00 rebate on them so 13.00 for a gallon of T6. Cheaper then most oils.....

41 - 48 of 48 Posts