Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been using the OEM oil kits and I think there is a better option for oil that is cheaper then the kits, It is almost time to do another oil change, So I want to know what you guys use for engine oil and what oil filter you use to. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
'18 XPT
2,102 Posts
Same idiot wrote this one, but it it’s maybe less complex. First few posts will give you all you need.

·
Registered
'18 XPT
2,102 Posts
net:

you can buy the T6 or the mobile and the fram ultraguard at Walmart. It will be hard to do better, although I would agree the amsoil is the superior oil. prolly not worthy the expense. Just change it every 40 hours. I buy the Amsoil ATH-ea for the front at my local ace hardware and the redline at o’rielly. no shipping that way. I bought the Donaldson nano air filter on Amazon.

simple
easy
superior solutions all

luck to you

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
net:

you can buy the T6 or the mobile and the fram ultraguard at Walmart. It will be hard to do better, although I would agree the amsoil is the superior oil. prolly not worthy the expense. Just change it every 40 hours. I buy the Amsoil ATH-ea for the front at my local ace hardware and the redline at o’rielly. no shipping that way. I bought the Donaldson nano air filter on Amazon.

simple
easy
superior solutions all

luck to you
So do you recommend getting the Fram XG7317 ultra oil filter and the Rotella T6 5W40 for the engine oil?

·
Registered
'18 XPT
2,102 Posts
for the ‘14 1000, yep

Reactions: thebigoutside

·
Registered
958 Posts
FYI, there's nothing wrong with Poo oil.
For me it was a cost issue.

·
Registered
513 Posts
net:

simple
easy
superior solutions all

luck to you
The Donaldson air filter...... Was it Polaris branded? I currently use the Donaldson/Polaris. Can I get this direct from Donaldson and save some $$?

·
Registered
81 Posts
castrol 10w40 gold bottle synthetic. why? I bought 100 qts at 2 bucks a quart. I do oil changes pretty frequently anyways.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
That's the oil I use. Maxima has a good amount of zinc , but not much moly. It coats your cam lobes, bearing journals, and valve guides to help prevent premature wear. My poor motor gets ran pretty hard.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts