• Others...Please do tell

Votes: 98 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
De Oppresso Liber
1,682 Posts
I got the Holz Stage III kit installed in mid-June. Been out on the trails with it four times and man does it like to climb hills and roar down the trails!!!

I can second that. I am very impressed with the Holz Stage 3 Big Bore kit's performance. If only they came with an engine like that from Polaris, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Redfish, if your RZR is still under warranty I'd go with Polaris fluids. That way, if something should go south, they can't give you the old "You were running non-recommended oil" routine. And save your receipts!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Redfish, if your RZR is still under warranty I'd go with Polaris fluids. That way, if something should go south, they can't give you the old "You were running non-recommended oil" routine. And save your receipts!

Probably should have but to late I did it Saturday night. Its all done and was a snap at that.

Glad I did not pay for the maint. package on mine....just wished we had not bought it on hers either. Oh well you learn from mistakes.

Very hard to find 0W 40 it appears down here. Also wanted to run the walmart filters but tried two of them and they dont have them so had to go with another brand that yall said fits.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I ran Rotella T in my Yami Kodiaks... will run it in my Rzr S when the warranty runs out... ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have been running Rotella In my Polaris outlaws since it will work with wet clutches and it is CHEAP at walmart. Not one problem with it. To make it even better I add Lucas Oil Stabilizer to it. With the wet clutch of the quad they recommend using less than 10% of the Stabilizer. It seems to shift better with it. And it is around $10 q quart which lasts quite a long time for me with 2 Outlaws. I will run this same thing in my RZR. I also run it in my Triumph Daytona 955i. Not one issue.

I heard about the Rotella from racers. I guess the KTM racing team uses Rotella and most racers who have to buy their oil do to. The ones who get Klotz and other brands use it and I would too if they gave me oil.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
I just put in one of the Ultimate SXS (used to be Ultimate Rhino) oil filter relocation kits. put the filter up high and nearly vertical on the left side by the air filter box. Using a Bosch 3500 filter...so the system now holds nearly 3 qts of oil.

Since having the Holz Stage III motor kit installed, I'm using Joe Gibbs XP7 oil as Holz recommends.

Doesn't use a drop, oil fiter is now a snap to change, doesn't make a mess, and system holds more oil. The Gibbs oil is available on their website, and they didn't charge me shipping.

·
Jack Daniels please..
203 Posts
Back to the oil filter discussion.. Napa now says 1356 (wix) for rzr 800..This filter flows more than the 1357..GEEZER

·
De Oppresso Liber
1,682 Posts
I just put in one of the Ultimate SXS (used to be Ultimate Rhino) oil filter relocation kits. put the filter up high and nearly vertical on the left side by the air filter box. Using a Bosch 3500 filter...so the system now holds nearly 3 qts of oil.

Since having the Holz Stage III motor kit installed, I'm using Joe Gibbs XP7 oil as Holz recommends.

Doesn't use a drop, oil fiter is now a snap to change, doesn't make a mess, and system holds more oil. The Gibbs oil is available on their website, and they didn't charge me shipping.
Since you have the Holz Stage 3 kit, you have a PRV valve and the pressure gauge that came with the kit. After the install of the oil filter relocation kit did you check the pressure? If so, what change if any did you notice?

·
Registered
40 Posts

Since you have the Holz Stage 3 kit, you have a PRV valve and the pressure gauge that came with the kit. After the install of the oil filter relocation kit did you check the pressure? If so, what change if any did you notice?
I`m interested in knowing this too.
Did you ever check pressure / compare ?

201 - 209 of 209 Posts