Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,614 Posts
I have to have two favorites because they're so vastly different....

One has to be my backyard, Chokecherry Canyon / Brown Springs / The Glade - Farmington, NM

And the other is a short 1.5 hr drive to the north, in the 11000'+ mountains around Silverton, CO

Moab is always a favorite too... but it just seems too stereotypical to call it my favorite lol

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now thats what I am talking about great pics!! ....Just make sure you keep telling us where the hell your at... it makes it so much more interesting . I love to see the diversity of our great nation...and also to our foreign riders ...jump in pics are really worth a 1000 words no need to have to speak English !

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Factory tank is 9.5 gallons, I have an IMS tank which is 5 gallons. There is 14 gallons of useable fuel (I have personally verified). I have never averaged worse than 9.5 MPG(usually better but depends on terrain) so I plan all my trips figuring 9 MPG. That gives me a very comfortable 126 mile range but I usually only plan on that for 100 miles so I have plenty of fuel to explore with or double back if needed. On the longer trips I will carry an additional 2.5 gallon can, 5 gallon can, and even both if needed. I have an exploration trip planned this summer somewhere new that will be 5 days and around 160 miles I think.

Wish I could find some adventurous people to ride with as my main riding partner might be selling his RZR but most people don’t maintain their rigs well enough to be reliable on something like that. Let alone being family friendly and trust worthy.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Frigging Wow ...! Great pics where do you roughly start from ?
Great picture and very cute little girl . I wish I could be your wing-man but not realistic . It makes a lot more sense to me now why you are gusseting and supporting all . I cant imagine the planning that would go into one of your major trips with a family to think about .....7 P's X10
(Prior Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance ) .... I thought I was out in the woods ....Negative not like you . very impressive !

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have not been in the SXS game very long, so I have not had a chance to do any really traveling with it. Bucket list trip for my wife and I is get a toy hauler and head to Glamis with the dog for a proper camping trip!

That being said, my favorite place so far is not all to special, but up at the cabin in northern Michigan, Lake County... nice trail systems and all County roads are open to sxs, no plate needed.

IMG_20190720_153106_309.jpg

IMG_20190706_094352_747.jpg

1 - 20 of 61 Posts