Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
looks like some type of temporary plug to me. Like the plugs you put in engine ports to stop debris from falling in when its not installed in the machine. I cant imagine something like that being permanent. Maybe it was laying somewhere loose from assembly and finally fell out.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I have never seen one anywhere I would think it would have to be some excess packaging from the dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
88 Posts
They are used to cap off ducting/intake during manufacturing and Polaris forgot to remove them, good thing you found it!

Polaris actually issued a stop ride on some 19 models for this same thing: https://www.polaris.com/en-us/recalls/off-road/polaris-issues-stop-ride-for-some-2019-rzr-xp-turbo-vehicles/
Wow! Thanks for the info! I only found one, would the be more than one you think?
No problem! I had heard that there were some models that these plugs were actually blocking the intake covers for clutch/air intake. I'd bet you found the only one but to be safe you might check under your intake.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are used to cap off ducting/intake during manufacturing and Polaris forgot to remove them, good thing you found it!

Polaris actually issued a stop ride on some 19 models for this same thing: https://www.polaris.com/en-us/recalls/off-road/polaris-issues-stop-ride-for-some-2019-rzr-xp-turbo-vehicles/
Wow! Thanks for the info! I only found one, would the be more than one you think?
No problem! I had heard that there were some models that these plugs were actually blocking the intake covers for clutch/air intake. I'd bet you found the only one but to be safe you might check under your intake.
Thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
7,416 Posts
Looks like a dust cap we used to use when delicate stuff (electrical cannon plugs with 50 or 100 pins) was disconnected.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts