Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a polaris plow kit for my 2009 RZR and want to put a winch on it. What is the recommended winch? Warn vs Polaris vs other? Having a winch switch on the shift lever seems like a great idea for plowing as long as there is a remote cord as well. Has anyone tried the winch switch on the shifter when plowing? Can you tell me why they love it or hate it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Polaris winch is a Warn winch with polaris name on it.

Definately get it mounted to the shifter for plowing.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I purchased the Warn ProVantage 60" tapered plow. It works great! We had a 36" snowfall last year and I was plowing out driveways that trucks wouldn't touch. Of course it takes longer than with a truck. The only problem I had was burning up the selenoid. I have the Polaris 3500lb. winch and have used it in all situations and haven't had a problem yet. I haven't purchased the shifter switch yet but I think I might put it in this winter along with the power angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
REALLY like the Glacier One Way ("county") blade. Doesn't just move the snow--it throws it!

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Do you need tire chains to plow deep snow or go uphill?
Depends on what your driving on..Up here in Alaska we already have our "terminal dust" means the snow is officially on our "lower" mountains and it will officially be here on the ground to stay in less than 30 days..It snowed some on Sunday already... But by DEC-JAN, We are driving on pure ice up where I live, and while you get used to it in vehicles..Your not plowing anything without chains..I will post pics of this winter "plowing of my Mountain".. I have a driveway that goes form 97Ft above sea level to 693 feet above sea level at my door....Yeah...I NEED CHAINS!

& to the main question..I use the Glacier II plow with reenforced ends and the standard 3500Lb winch on a cable control (allows me to drive one handed w/ power steering) but have to muddle with the shifter when going backkkk and forthhh..I would recommend the shifter switch for plowing.. I'm wiring in both and times ticken.. .. .. . . . . .

·
Registered
687 Posts
I live in Pittsburgh and never needed chains in that deep snow last year. Paved, concrete, or stone it didn't matter here. Not sure where you are from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts