Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search under insurance and got back results with the newest being from 2014. So I thought I would ask. If there is a newer thread please post a link to it.

My cost through Progressive was $780 per year. I don’t have prior off road driving nor a motorcycle license (not sure why that is important for a vehicle with 4 wheels. They should have asked if I had any high speed driving, at least I could have given them a Yes! I should add that my purchase price out the door was $41k For 2021 RZR PRO XP 4 Ultimate.

·
Registered
'18 XPT
1,578 Posts
State Farm. Same limits as my car. $1k deductable. Don't know the cost. Probably too much. Will see if I can see that easily and let you know.

Just FYI, I've had way oto many claims in recent years, and SF has been a joy to work with. Just fantastic. I hear horrow stories from all my neighbors and the like. SF has covered hail, theft, flood, and (2) accidents (none my fault) all in the lest few years. and done so to perfection in my mind. I'm sure I'm paying a small fortune, but I got service, performance, and coverage, so...

·
Registered
204 Posts
300$ a year full coverage with 3k in aftermarket coverage on a 2018 TRE through Geico.

·
Registered
2012 570 & 2021 1000 XP
554 Posts
About $320/year full road, PD/PL, medical and hull through AAA on our 2021 XP 1k.

All the best, James

·
The Lone Rzr
2,546 Posts
Not sure how you did your search but this is a popular topic
Your value is considerably more than mine and I'm non turbo and have everything with progressive
2017 POLARIS RZR 1000 premium: $67.00
That's annual, not monthly
Even have road side assistance and accessory coverage
2017 POLARIS RZR 1000
$250,000 each person
$500,000 each accident
$100,000 each accident

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did a search community wide for “insurance”...yup, I thought there would be current threads.

·
Registered
386 Posts
2015 900 S , 2017 S1000 , 2019 S1000 , $500 deductible $300,000 coverage $509 a year for all 3 Safeco

·
The Lone Rzr
2,546 Posts
Did a search community wide for “insurance”...yup, I thought there would be current threads.
Here ya go
All after 2014,

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a 2020 570 and full coverage on it is just under $150.00 a year. I have a 16 570 Sportsman and when I got it the full coverage was 125.00 a year, but now it has dropped down to $90.00. Both are with All State as is my homeowners, vehicles, etc. I've learned from reading these threads that insurance costs vary greatly by region and by company.

·
Registered
45 Posts
On my first machine, an 18 XP 1000, thru Progressive I paid 250$ a year with 3k for aftermarket parts. Then I totaled it...they paid out 17,5k. My 20 RS1 w the same coverage is now 475$ a year

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have same machine as you. I am with Safeco and pay $579.

Bodily injury guest passenger 100/300k
Property damage 100k
Medical payments 5K
Uninsured/underinsured motorists

comprehensive deductible 500
Collision deductible 100

aftermarket parts 11k covered.
Roadside Assistance (lol)

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR 1000 S
176 Posts
Asking how much you pay for insurance and you will get numbers all over the place.

Insurance varies considerably across the country. All of the following factors come into play.

Year of Vehicle
Value of vehicle
Driving Record
How many miles driven annually
Engine modified?
Options: Expensive Audio equipment, aftermarket tires/wheels, aftermarket cages etc
Declared or not declared options: Declared-insurance covered, not declared-will insurance cover item?
How many drivers ( age of those drivers )
Discounts: accidents, multiple car, own your own home, home insurance, age, driving school, married/single
Deductible: $0, $100, $500 etc
Did you ever have a lapse in insurance?
Are you currently insured?
Agent: Did they do their homework to get you the best price. After all the more you pay the more they are paid.

The above and probably a few hundred more will determine what your insurance is going to cost you.

The guy next door to you could have an identical vehicle as you, have the same insurance company as you and I guarantee your insurance costs will be different.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
89 Posts
2020 Pro XP, we pay $79/mo with State Farm. It is insured with the same coverages as my regular vehicles.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Holy crap, i need to look into other insurance.

I don't understand how you can have full coverage on a $20-30k machine for under a $100/ yr.

I just called my insurance (american Family) and had them insure it. I honestly don't even know what coverage i have but i imagine it's the same as my vehicles.

I screwed myself and added my son on it...so I'm paying around $1200/ yr full coverage for both of us to drive.

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR 1000 S
176 Posts
Holy crap, i need to look into other insurance.

I don't understand how you can have full coverage on a $20-30k machine for under a $100/ yr.

I just called my insurance (american Family) and had them insure it. I honestly don't even know what coverage i have but i imagine it's the same as my vehicles.

I screwed myself and added my son on it...so I'm paying around $1200/ yr full coverage for both of us to drive.
Yup That'll do it!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yup That'll do it!
Yeah, going to call the insurance company tomorrow and do some shopping around but I think we have some of the highest rates anyway.

Maybe people should also post what state they're in.

I'm in Colorado. I haven't had anything on my record for over 20yrs, never been in an accident, married with children, 47. Have additional discounts for multiple vehicles, homeowners, good drivers, etc.

My brother has progressive on his 2020 can am, not sure about his 2013 xp 900, he says it's $70/ mo just for him. He is married with kids, no tickets or anything, etc. He also has his camper with progressive. So Colorado is obviously a high premium state.

Reactions: EricB
1 - 20 of 45 Posts