Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1161 - 1180 of 1187 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
How is the performance with the 27 terrabites? I'm looking at those or the mongrels. Do they rob much power? Would they clear without the lift? Not sure if I should be asking about this in this thread but oh well.

John

·
Registered
341 Posts
I run the terrabite 27x12x9s on all four corners. I still hit the rev limiter at 56 mph routinely. I have had them since new so can barely remember the the power of the original tires - but have no complaints. Over 4000 miles on them and expect another 1000 before replacement - most likely will buy them again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I run the terrabite 27x12x9s on all four corners. I still hit the rev limiter at 56 mph routinely. I have had them since new so can barely remember the the power of the original tires - but have no complaints. Over 4000 miles on them and expect another 1000 before replacement - most likely will buy them again.
Tusk Terrabite are great tires, but are extremely heavy. Weight on the wheels is an extreme power drag. The top speed of a 570 rzr with stock wheels is about 56 to 60 mph. Add in your speedometer is way off with 27 inch tires - a reading of 56 mph would mean you are in reality doing in excess of 63 mph-- sorry not buying it.( not even close to possible) Without Portals ( or re clutch) -- the performance would be very weak on low end. Of course you could re clutch to recoup some of the low end power loss- but then you affect your top end.

Depending on your type of riding 27 inch Terrabites will MOST DEFINILTY affect performance. And not in a positive way. Don't get me wrong, your 570 wont be a POS, but it will make a difference for sure. For some people it doesnt matter and that's fine .

·
Registered
72 Posts
Jeepster the terrabites, are great tires- If you still have your sway bar on, you may have problems with clearance of sway bar- either remove sway bar or get 1 inch spacer( if 50 inches is not important to you) The tires help with ground clearance over stock tires for sure. You will lose a little low end performance and of course your speedometer will be off a bit

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yesterday I removed my half windshield and replaced it with a National Cycle wash n wipe windshield. Install went pretty smooth.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
New seats arrived. I went with black suede for the center material for a little plushness and grip compared to vinyl.
Will be wiring up my butt toasters, and installing the 4 point harnesses tonight so we can go play in the snow tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great news--I've been waiting for them to come in Kat..LOL cant wait for your review on them. Hopefully they are direct bolt in on your old seat base

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I am about 85% done with the install of the seats, wiring the heated elements and the harnesses. I just got off isolation for covid19 this week, so I'm not nearly as energetic. Feels like I'm doing 15mph, pulling a trailer in 5th gear up a hill.
However, so far, the seats are direct bolt to stock bases. Only issue I see is that I'm going to need to get a slider for the driver seat. My 12 year old daughter has been asking to drive it while we're out the last few times. With the harnesses, it'll make it very difficult to swap out seats, which we did before. I had hers adjusted to her, and mine to me.
So far, tho, I've sat in the installed seats in the garage and I'm even more impressed. These things are super nice. They do sit higher than stock seats which gives me more leg room with knees comfortably bent, and the seat cushion is longer which gives my legs some extra support. With impinged hips and worn out knees, this is very welcome. Kind of wondering why I didn't get them sooner... Oh I know, cause I ended up spending $1600 for the set with harnesses. Took me a while to smooth it over with the bank, aka-my wife. Had to spend almost an equal amount in spa days for her lol.
Worth it.
I'll give an actual review after I take it out for a ride. .

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Rocker switches came in today, so I finished wiring in the heated seats. Have the passenger seat belt to put in and then I'll take it out.
The ones that came with the seats were okay, I didn't want to drill more holes into my dash when I had those two plates available and not cut.

Switch that cane with the seat x2

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Okay, just finished the install today. I'm going to take her out tomorrow for it's first test run. The install was an easy seat base swap some wiring and install of the 4 point harnessed. What was time consuming was running the wiring, waiting for the rockers and doing some modifications to my ryfab back window panel to give me the space to run the harness around the ROPS. Anyway, if my ride is as good as this looks, I'll be very happy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It does look comfy - good to know it was a straight bolt in. Really like the center suede, I am curious as to how easy/hard it will be to clean the suede. Between your shocks and now the suspension seats, have to imagine the ride is a whole new experience.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
It does look comfy - good to know it was a straight bolt in. Really like the center suede, I am curious as to how easy/hard it will be to clean the suede. Between your shocks and now the suspension seats, have to imagine the ride is a whole new experience.
I put 3M scotch guard on the seats to help water proof them. I dint do deep water, but I will drive through puddles and rain.
I'll find out this weekend on how the ride changed. Plan on going out to Hemmingway Butte OHV at the base of the Owyhees this weekend. Should be able to toss her around a bit.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I put 3M scotch guard on the seats to help water proof them. I dint do deep water, but I will drive through puddles and rain.
I'll find out this weekend on how the ride changed. Plan on going out to Hemmingway Butte OHV at the base of the Owyhees this weekend. Should be able to toss her around a bit.

Any update on this- I know you've been recovering from Covid and the holidays- Looking forward to your review of these seats, and how they perform out on trail

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Any update on this- I know you've been recovering from Covid and the holidays- Looking forward to your review of these seats, and how they perform out on trail
Sorry, I haven't logged enough hours on it yet. I got out last weekend, but we were only out for less than 2 hours. The seats were very comfortable but we were driving snow covered forest service road.
Staffing has been short at work (covid related), and this is my on-call weekend, so it'll have to be on the back burner until the following weekend. I'm planning on hitting Hemmingway Butte OHV to really thrash it around a bit.

·
Registered
140 Posts
In the last couple weeks I've switched to led headlights and tail lights. I also installed older polaris sportsman taillights with backup lights in them and a 2" lift with 2" wheel spacers and 27" tusk terrabites.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Where did you get your fender flares? I can’t seem to find any to fit a 570.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Upgraded by stock headlight to LED. Easiest upgrade I've done- Sixt61 Led Bulb was direct replacement- toughest part of upgrade was knocking mud of old connector to replace it. New Bulbs are considerably brighter than stock bulbs. Well worth the 60 bucks in my book

https://www.amazon.com/Sixty61-Head...or+Polaris&qid=1612468805&s=automotive&sr=1-6

Picture doesnt do the upgrade justice- new LED on right, stock bulb on left

1161 - 1180 of 1187 Posts