Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure someone can help on this one..... I removed battery to install wiring for new winch (on awesome new UTVCrap bumpers!) and HID lights. Also lifted machine to install bumpers and EMP aluminum a-arm guards. When I hooked everything back up lights work, winch works, but when I started machine it was idling at 200 rpms and wouldnt go into gear (grinding noise when I tried). After putting it neutral and rolling it around, it would shift into gear with effort , but is still idling very high. I'm assuming that when I disconnected battery, the computer is some how not quite right?? How do I fix this problem??

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I hooked up my winch, I thought the battery cable impinged upon the throttle cable, fixed that but still had the problem you described. Found after restarting it a few times the computer eventually reset itself. Does fine now.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Most definitely the throttle cable. You are the opposite of too loose. Something you did is pulling on the cable causing this problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks a lot guys, you were right. I cut the zip ties I had used to bundle the winch wiring to the group that has the throttle cable and straightened it out...and poof the idling went back to normal and then i could shit gears no problem. It is still smoking far more than it used to but I think that is the computer still dialing in. I have started and turned off a few times and it seems to be getting back to normal. thanks again!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
IMO take the battery loose again for a few mins then hook it back up.. Your RZR was started several times with the throttle open.. You would be better off letting the ECU reset now that you fixed the cable..

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
thanks a lot guys, you were right. I cut the zip ties I had used to bundle the winch wiring to the group that has the throttle cable and straightened it out...and poof the idling went back to normal and then i could shit gears no problem. It is still smoking far more than it used to but I think that is the computer still dialing in. I have started and turned off a few times and it seems to be getting back to normal. thanks again!
Stop shitting gears, that is definately not a good thing!...LOL

IMO take the battery loose again for a few mins then hook it back up.. Your RZR was started several times with the throttle open.. You would be better off letting the ECU reset now that you fixed the cable..
He is correct, try disconnecting the battery for a bit again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts