Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure its been mentioned on here, but what are the grades of the oils for all three, front differential/engine/transmission?

This pure Polaris junk is outrageous.

Thx in advance.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Boondock, I hate to tell you this, but you really are better off using Pure Polaris oils for all of your gear cases. The rear "diff" uses angle drive fluid. It sure isn't 90wt gear oil! Then tranny and transfer case use the same oils, a very slippery purple concoction of poly-wonderful goodness. And then there is the front demand drive fluid. It is very special, because it is working to not only lubricate and cool, but it's non-conductive properties allow flawless operation of the armature and the Hilliard drive mechanism. There are several suppliers that say their oils are suitable for the RZR. I don't doubt that for a minute, but for the $40 a year I spend on gear lubes, I'm not taking any chances.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I continued searching after I posted this last night and thats about the conclusion I came to also. Oh well, pure polaris it is.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Pure Polaris I have talk to a few mechanics from local shops and there is stuff in the Polaris oil that helps all the internals and that's all thay run and thay are no way trying to sell Polaris stuff thay just work on atv and Utv

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ive got over 2000 miles on mine and over half are boosted. I think I will stick with Amsoil. I'm sure they have forgotten more about oils than polaris will ever know. Bottom line is use whatever You feel most comfortable with. It has been argued again and again about what oil to use. Pick 1 and go with it. Neither Amsoil or Pure Polaris oil will steer You wrong. My 02.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts