Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

What belt with clutch kit; Stock or EPI?

• Stock oem

Votes: 146 72.6%
  • EPI severe duty

Votes: 55 27.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Rzr-S with DDP clutch kit and its time for a new belt! I want to know what everyone recommends!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Before the Weber I ran an EPI belt for nearly 1000 miles. Never had an issue. Still looks like more than 60% of belt life.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
i have been using the epi.... but last one broke and i put a s belt on lasted as long but with a little more snappy response and more top speed well when the s belt broke i had a extra epi and put it on and again lost top speed and not as snappy.... swapping back to a s belt for thanksgiving will see then...

·
Registered
617 Posts
i have been using the epi.... but last one broke and i put a s belt on lasted as long but with a little more snappy response and more top speed well when the s belt broke i had a extra epi and put it on and again lost top speed and not as snappy.... swapping back to a s belt for thanksgiving will see then...
X2, went back to the stock belt and found the same thing. The original '08 belts were crap, but the new stock belts are fine, IMO.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agree s-belt much more heavy duty than stock. Check belt threads I was turned on to a place back east bought 2 s-belts$ 190 delivered. Best $ in town $155 each after tax

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm running with a EPI belt and stashed the factory 'S' belt in the tool box as a back-up if I brake down on the trail.

But after reading some of these comments I may swap the belts and use the EPI for back-up.

H

·
0 Posts
Stock belt...only time I would use an aftermarket belt is maybe as a spare. But I try to change my belts before they fail and keep an old belt for a spare. I've yet to see any evidence that ANY of the aftermarket belts are as good as a stock belt..

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts
Stock belt only... I also use a new stock belt for a spare... I haven't seen any evidence that any of the aftermarket belts are as good or take the punishment the stock belt will take... I have the miles to prove it...

·
Registered
109 Posts
went stock, best part is there is a u tube video on how to put it on, I know have a spare belt and a 3/8 nut driver with me and I left out the 2 bottom bolts to hard to get to

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
2600 miles on our stock 2008 RZR with original belt!!! Getting ready to open the cover to check it out and clean the clutches.

·
Just kidding!
10,754 Posts
I have always run EPI belts until now. The last one blew into pieces after 2hrs Im going to run the S belt now and see how it holds up

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
OEM here

·
Registered
235 Posts
what are they going to do that you couldnt ,, clutch is basic once you take it apart you will see its not worth paying someone to work on it . bring in by my place and I will freshen it up for free or just bring your rzr by my house and we will do the work together will see what springs and weight you have and see if we can make it better ,

1 - 20 of 64 Posts