Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a test ride last Saturday (went looking for a xp 850 and fell in love with the rzr). Lol. Anyway I read a little about these now in depth and it sounds like I need to stay away from the 08's. Can anybody tell me what to look for when looking at a RZR? I know bikes and quads pretty well, been around them my whole life (34). But I'm talking about specific to look for in rzr's. Is the throttle body that difficult to get at to take a look? I've read something about the 08's having dirt in the throttle body. How bout suspension or power? Is there any difference in those area's from 08-10?

Thanks in advance,

Chad

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
Took a test ride last Saturday (went looking for a xp 850 and fell in love with the rzr). Lol. Anyway I read a little about these now in depth and it sounds like I need to stay away from the 08's. Can anybody tell me what to look for when looking at a RZR? I know bikes and quads pretty well, been around them my whole life (34). But I'm talking about specific to look for in rzr's. Is the throttle body that difficult to get at to take a look? I've read something about the 08's having dirt in the throttle body. How bout suspension or power? Is there any difference in those area's from 08-10?

Thanks in advance,

Chad
I bought a slightly used 08 in 08. I put a Dragon Fire canister on (ump also good) to filter better, have needed better UHMW skids and A arm protection, better throttle spring, and better springs and shocks to be happy after 2000 mi. Welcome to the forum!

If the throttle body has been kept clean(you can look down with light into it) Not a great diff 08 to 10

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yep, FUNRIDE is right. Reading through these threads for a while is better than any "in a nut shell" answer your gonna get on this single thread.

I should mention that your comparison is broader than 08-2010 because the 2011's are now available.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah, I know I can get the 11's now, I just didn't consider it until I really got to looking. The dealer by me wants to sell me (what I would consider) a demo red one for $11,500 OTD. He also has a silver LE that's $600 more (that's still in the crate). I offered him $10,000 OTD for the silver one since they are both 2010's, I'd consider them "left overs" now. You guys think I'm being too cheap? I guess I came up with that price since I can get a 2011 orange madness with EPS for $12404.94 OTD from a dealer about 4 1/2 hrs from me. I would think that the silver 2010 without EPS is worth $2400 less. What do you guys think.

·
im rick james bi*ch!!!!
272 Posts
i think your right

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well the prices on these things vary so much all over the states and Canada that it's hard to tell someone what a good deal is unless you live in the same state or province.

From the price you shared on the 2011 I would say the 2010 left over is worth no more than $10,500.00 OTD. Keep in mind i'm pricing this from the cost of the 2011 with EPS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts