Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

What did you do to your RZR today?

244K views 2K replies 240 participants last post by  HevyHitters 
#1 ·
I’ve seen these type of threads in other forums before. I searched this forum, and found one. But the last entries were from like 2013. So I thought I’d start a fresh one.

I’m in the middle of a full blown wiring makeover right now in all of the accessories on my RZR. I put about 5 hrs worth of time in on it after I got off work. Installed a Switch Pro and adding a couple of things while I have it all apart.

I got my 5150 dome lights installed and wired up tonight, after I finished stripping out all of the existing rocker switches in the dash. They use magnetic mounts with Velcro to attach to the cage. They come with spare 10’ long leads that will plug into a 3 prong 5150 “187” style connector so you can easily remove the dome light and plug it into your rear whip circuit for use as a work light trail side, if need be.

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design
Table Textile Eyewear Tool Scissors
Tire Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

so what did you do to your machine today?

See less See more
#1,294 · (Edited)
Any problems you see after doing it? I know SC1 only lasts for one treatment and actually attracts dust.
As for now I see no problems , I am sure it wouldn’t last for ever but time will tell
The only problem I had was it’s a lot of sweating and rubbing lol
FJB 👍🍻🇺🇸

#1,296 · (Edited)
Today I started a rewiring project I hope to get done before a ride next weekend. The previous owner had the wiring for the accessories running between the plastics and frame rails on the driver side. More annoying than anything else but rear passenger seat on driver side could see wiring all banjoed out. So far, I’ve rerouted the wires up under the hood. I created a panel out of some old starboard I had left over from my boat. I had some other blue sea stuff lying around too that I added. So basically I’m adding another battery (2 total) using an ACR (auto charging relay) and putting a cutoff switch in along with a fuse block. I’m using some flexible conduit to run under the consoles back to the batteries to provide some protection for the battery cables. Also, added my 4 point harnesses today. Here’s a few pics of the progress:

#1,295 ·
Well, I had been lamenting the lack of legroom in my 900 XP, MT4runner found a thread here old thread that I didn't ressurect from a poster called crazywatson who did a dash mod to his. After much measuring and ruminating, I used these

Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Automotive exterior Engineering

Yes, every one of them, and my Miller Multimatic 255 too, and did this
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior

Never liked that seat belt sticker anyway

Crazywatson said he used a cutoff wheel to do his, but after talking with MT4, he suggested an oscillating saw, which I happen to have

Motor vehicle Hood Electrical wiring Bumper Trunk

Cut, relocated and painted the dash support, which I'd hoped to do away with, but it was indeed there for a reason. Moved the 4x4 switch and the headlight switch and the 12VDC receptacle, had to make the wires longer for the receptacle, but everything else reached with plenty of slack, just took some rerouting and cable ties

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Orange

The horn button fell apart when I removed it, didn't work anyway, so I ordered another one, rocker type this time and intend to mount it above the ignition switch. I had some 3M trimlock bulb molding from building aluminum dry boxes for rafting, so I used that, but I did order some simple edge molding to finish off the edge.. It'll look better than what I used, is just what I had..

I fiddled a bit with trying to get the #$%^&*( factory warning stickers off it, heat gun, scraper, but they put them on to stay, really very thin material, I ran out of patience, but it'll likely become a project when I get my belt temp gauge installed, supposed to be here next week.. Any tips to make that task easier, I'm all ears

REALLY REALLY, did I say REALLY pleased with the now 4 inches of clearance between my knee and the dash, where there was barely an inch before.. Coming down bumpy hills, well I got sick of holding my leg off to the side to prevent my knee slamming into the dash. Took me about 2 hours total, but I'm an anal sort when doing something like this, measuring 4 times etc, once I did it I could do another likely in half the time.

So, Kudo's to @crazywatson for the idea, photos and to @MT4Runner for as always, taking the time to help me along no matter what the project, even from 1000 miles away..

#1,298 ·
Well, I had been lamenting the lack of legroom in my 900 XP, MT4runner found a thread here old thread that I didn't ressurect from a poster called crazywatson who did a dash mod to his. After much measuring and ruminating, I used these

Yes, every one of them, and my Miller Multimatic 255 too, and did this
View attachment 729184

Never liked that seat belt sticker anyway

So, Kudo's to @crazywatson for the idea, photos and to @MT4Runner for as always, taking the time to help me along no matter what the project, even from 1000 miles away..
Well done buddy!!
yeah, the stickers are a PAIN to remove. Mine took heat, scraper, wd-40 and acetone.

I have a horn kit to install.

I'll give you a shout tonight.

#1,303 ·
Only like 110 degrees in the garage today.

Added some Baja Designs LP4’s, Rigid chase bar (not the Polaris one), some Rigid rear-facing pods and Rigid rock lights on all 4 corners. Custom made my own harnesses, all Deutsch connectors.

This is the second time I have had to gain access to the tunnel, and whoever designed the method to gain access needs to just resign!

#1,304 ·
I kinda got finished up with my Turbo R mods for the time being. I’ll probably do a cage in the next year or so, but it’s good to go for now. Got all of my lighting installed, wired in, storage and mirror solutions done. It still hasn’t left my property since I bought it. Has like 5 miles on it 🤦🏻‍♂️. We have taken the Turbo S riding the past two weekends so I haven’t given the R much attention.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

#1,313 ·
No pics of it in the water. Luckily it laid over on the driver side so the CVT housing filled with water but the engine intake bezel was out so it stayed running and I was scrambling to get a winch line wrapped around the cage to get it upright as fast as possible. We were a long ways from the truck on a nasty trail. Once it was pulled down I used my winch to get out while the other rig kept me winched down on all 4’s. Would have been much worse if it went down on the passenger side and put the engine intake under water.

I took this pic on the way back out to show my wife. We shoveled the bank to make a way to drop into the creek. The creek is about 36” deep then you have to go straight across grass to grass and it gets shallow again. We walked it the day before and if you go just a couple feet to the right there’s a huge hole and the bank slopes. I had a nearly catastrophic brain fart the next morning crossing and when I dropped in I went to exit on the gravel bar and immediately got sucked over into the hole. Filled my chest waders but I was able to climb out of the passenger side as it was rolling. Interesting experience to say the least.

Pic is facing the crossing on the way back out. So I had dropped down the steep bank and got to far to right.
Water Plant Ecoregion Sky Natural landscape

#1,314 ·
No pics of it in the water. Luckily it laid over on the driver side so the CVT housing filled with water but the engine intake bezel was out so it stayed running and I was scrambling to get a winch line wrapped around the cage to get it upright as fast as possible. We were a long ways from the truck on a nasty trail. Once it was pulled down I used my winch to get out while the other rig kept me winched down on all 4’s. Would have been much worse if it went down on the passenger side and put the engine intake under water.

I took this pic on the way back out to show my wife. We shoveled the bank to make a way to drop into the creek. The creek is about 36” deep then you have to go straight across grass to grass and it gets shallow again. We walked it the day before and if you go just a couple feet to the right there’s a huge hole and the bank slopes. I had a nearly catastrophic brain fart the next morning crossing and when I dropped in I went to exit on the gravel bar and immediately got sucked over into the hole. Filled my chest waders but I was able to climb out of the passenger side as it was rolling. Interesting experience to say the least.

Pic is facing the crossing on the way back out. So I had dropped down the steep bank and got to far to right.
View attachment 730063
Glad you're safe, that sounds nasty!

#1,321 · (Edited)
View attachment 730375
not my machine but helped a buddy change all 4 axles. And of course the last one broke and left the cup in. 4 hours later with a slide hammer and pry bar, it finally came out. Fukkkkkk
Was the stub rusted in the output?

I had a cup stick in mine, but was lucky enough to be able to pop the axle shaft back in and pull both it and the cup out together. I had watched a bunch of videos on removing stuck cups...it doesn't look easy if it sticks. I'm sure you put grease or anti-seize on the new ones!!