Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2021 1000 XP
797 Posts
Added a noise filter for our intercom to take out the alternator whine. Sounds better standing still, but a nice hard ride tomorrow will tell for sure.

All the best, James

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lots of wiring today:

• 4 red dome lights
  • Xsprite Chase bar
  • 32" LED light bar on the roof
  • cheap $8 backup camera (that actually looks great)
  • Hertz components up front, Polk db652s in the rear
  • MBQuart Head unit (sounds amazingly loud!), Moto Tab 10 for GPS, Spotify, Speedo, etc.
  • 4ft lighted whip
  • AFX aluminum roof in lime squeeze
  • Trinity Blow off valve

Busy day....working on the wireless helmet coms and BT adapter for my UHF/VHF radio right now and deciding what particle separator. Hooked up my Chase bar reverse lights and backup camera to a switch on the dash, works really well and can actually see everything behind you on that screen.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Gauge Automotive design Steering wheel

Vehicle Wheel Hood Car Automotive tire

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design
Vehicle Steering part Hood Automotive design Car

Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Flooring Automotive wheel system

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Installed garage products bushing in my a arms. Went well.
The snap ring that's in the upper rear of the a arm .. the short bushing one..
Do you guys re-install that? I don't see the point and left it out.. am I missing something here? 2018 xpt
Dropped the front shocks and did a wheel alignment. 1/4 toe in.
Went for a ride the next morning, cruising down a twisty woods trail.. thinking front end feels good steering wheels pretty straight.. good job self!
And then I smoked a immovable log end hidden in over growth on a inside corner.
Ripped the wheel wheel out my hands spun me sideways into the bush, machine is on one wheel.. back outside.. and I accidently burped the gas from the impact.. that always helps..
I was going over, gonna roll.. my first time.. but a grouping of smaller tress held me up and I flopped back down.
3 minutes into a ride with local group I just met.. embarrassing haha to say the least.
Those first few moments when your just sitting there are the worst.. is the front end going to look like the terminators arm when he rips it off to keep going.. cause that's gonna be me limping back to the truck.
I couldn't believe it, nothing broke but something is tweaked. Steering wheel not so straight up now. Managed to finish the ride and was a good day so today it's back to the garage to redo my alignment and inspect for damage. Frustrating to say the least
You dont need the snap ring , I left mine out as well
That sucks I hope the damage isn't to bad . FYI...If your gonna do that type of McKenzie brother drifting you might want to get a hand brake like the dude in the Pro R / Hooligan video ..... :LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Finished the winterizing by greasing the wheel bearings and put it away until April. 🙁
Where are you wintering at? In Utah when we don’t have much snow we can ride all winter long in the low land like desert landscape the high altitude mountains can’t. This picture was February 7-21 not much snow last year.
Cloud Wheel Sky Tire Snow

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Well my dash is finally back together, after quite a bit of wiring work. I’ve been gathering stuff for a month or so before I tackled this. I had several changes I wanted to make while it was apart.

I’m really impressed by the quality and ease of use on the Switch Pros 9100 unit. Reading through the programming directions in the manual made me feel like a 5th grader in college Algebra, lol. It’s really simple though. The app and Bluetooth connectivity allowed me to have all 6 of my currently used spots programmed how I wanted them in about a 5 minute span. I mounted it to the left of the steering column, below the factory rocker switch holes.

Wheel Green Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting

My 5150 dome lights turned out great. I decided against running the wiring through the cage. I normally do, but it was gonna be a huge pain and it really isn’t noticeable unless you’re looking for it.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Last but certainly not least, I wired the SSV Works/Kicker stereo system around the Ride Command head unit and installed this nifty little rocker switch SSV Works head unit. My phone is the control now, basically. After reading so much about guys having issues with ride command signals to stereos, I got interested in this. I have the same stereo setup in my Ranger, and it’s always sounded better than this one. No ride command in the ranger. I can say that this change completely woke up my sound system, even though the new head unit only provides 200w to the 4 speakers instead of the previous 300w amp I removed. It sounds a lot better than it did.
Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve seen these type of threads in other forums before. I searched this forum, and found one. But the last entries were from like 2013. So I thought I’d start a fresh one.

I’m in the middle of a full blown wiring makeover right now in all of the accessories on my RZR. I put about 5 hrs worth of time in on it after I got off work. Installed a Switch Pro and adding a couple of things while I have it all apart.

I got my 5150 dome lights installed and wired up tonight, after I finished stripping out all of the existing rocker switches in the dash. They use magnetic mounts with Velcro to attach to the cage. They come with spare 10’ long leads that will plug into a 3 prong 5150 “187” style connector so you can easily remove the dome light and plug it into your rear whip circuit for use as a work light trail side, if need be.

View attachment 683788 View attachment 683789 View attachment 683790

so what did you do to your machine today?
Not today but I have done the following:
Four additional speakers and sub woofer.
EVO BOV, charge tube, J tube and shocker exhaust
Gorilla whips
Gorilla glow kit
Light bar and chaser light
Triple X front seats
And many other little upgrades

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve seen these type of threads in other forums before. I searched this forum, and found one. But the last entries were from like 2013. So I thought I’d start a fresh one.

I’m in the middle of a full blown wiring makeover right now in all of the accessories on my RZR. I put about 5 hrs worth of time in on it after I got off work. Installed a Switch Pro and adding a couple of things while I have it all apart.

I got my 5150 dome lights installed and wired up tonight, after I finished stripping out all of the existing rocker switches in the dash. They use magnetic mounts with Velcro to attach to the cage. They come with spare 10’ long leads that will plug into a 3 prong 5150 “187” style connector so you can easily remove the dome light and plug it into your rear whip circuit for use as a work light trail side, if need be.

Absolutely NOTHING. Still waiting for my 2022 pro ultimate to be delivered. My god they are slow.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts