Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

2661 - 2671 of 2671 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
I installed an S&B Particle Separator today. I live in southern New Mexico. I did a lot of research as well as questioning to spend that much money. Last year I had to have the top end of my 800 rebuilt because of getting dusted, long story PO. Anyway, I decided it was worth the money, and installed it on my 900. View attachment 646592
The only thing that keeps me from buying one is I hate how it dumps all the dirt and dust right on top of everything I would have in my bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Did you do anything to the clutch before moving up to 29’s?
I would really like to move up to 14” but I’m going to wait for my tires to wear out and them try to find some used ones. Eventually I want to got with 29”

·
Registered
444 Posts
This is true, but I would rather dump back there than in my air filter box.
Definitely agree! ...but I think another option would be to relocate the intake inlet to the front of the machine. Unless your behind someone it will only be sucking in clean air from up front (similar to the way Polaris did in the new Ranger).

An easier 2nd option might be simply moving it to the roof as you did (but without the S&B). But I often ride dusty dirt roads on my way to a trail or cross-country woods exploring, and hate the idea of something sticking up that vines could snag.

I know the S&B is a great product that works, but we carry a lot of stuff back there for camping and all day rides. Hate the thought of adding more dust back there.

·
Registered
444 Posts
This is true, but I would rather dump back there than in my air filter box.
Definitely agree! ...but I think another option would be to relocate the intake inlet to the front of the machine. Unless your behind someone it will only be sucking in clean air from up front (similar to the way Polaris did in the new Ranger).

An easier 2nd option might be simply moving it to the roof as you did (but without the S&B). But I often ride dusty dirt roads on my way to a trail or cross-country woods exploring, and hate the idea of something sticking up that vines could snag.

I know the S&B is a great product that works, but we carry a lot of stuff back there for camping and all day rides. Hate the thought of adding more dust back there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So we got our RZR 900 used, a 2015 model. Previous owner sold it to us with a 2" lift kit, soft windows, two piece front windshield, rear windshield, and polymer rock sliders and A-arm guards. Door bags/ pads. Center Convex rear view mirror, and folding side mirrors. LED lights mounted onto the cage. Came with the Polaris Deluxe Brush-guard and winch as well. Polaris lower doors. He gave us the stock fenders and extra wide ones were installed currently on the machine. He put Dirt Tamer tires on the stock wheels. He gave us the stock tires that were in pretty good condition.

This is gonna be a multi post- post

1586143165986.png

1586143195377.png

·
Registered
259 Posts
I installed a Tusk Street Legal Kit on mine last week. Tusk makes a great product, with an excellent wiring harness that made installation user friendly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, my one buddies hit a tree, ruined the whole front end. Ended up getting a Wild Board heavy duty bumper with light pods in it, relocated the winch. I took the time during the replacement of parts and maintenance to spray paint the grill, guards, and sliders orange to pop with the camo. Decided to replace the steel cable with synthetic. Got inch and a half spacers as well for wide riding, but to remove for the narrow trails. Dirt Tamers kept breaking the bead, so we got some 12" beadlocks and it solved the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had a trip to go out to Colorado (Grand Mesa and some national forests, Bangs Canyon) and Utah (Moab and the Paiute Trail system) to ride the trails we see and hear so much about (Live in PA). I decided to make the rear bumper then out of 3/8" plate and 1/4" thick steel pipe that I bent, shaped, and welded. I used the holes already in the frame then drilled through the pipe and have two bolts through each one directly into the rear frame under the bed. Once it all fit together I painted it orange to match the other accents.

We conquered Hell's Canyon (Hell's Gate and Tip Over Challenge) and Finns and Things, most of Metal Masher, Chicken Corners, and another that I just can't happen to think of (Goes down through a creek and there's a brutal rock crawl on the end opposite the trail-head parking area, near Chicken Corners).

2661 - 2671 of 2671 Posts