Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MPI supercharger kit and Alba is going to build my stroker/big bore.
The MPI kit came with a Gems (piggyback) controller.

I know I want to up the rpm's
I know I need to adjust fuel for boost

Do I get the Dynatek with the serial programmer?
Do I get the DynaJet PCV with autotune?

Do these eliminate the Gems controller or does it still run under one of these.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Concur. The PCV-pti w/autotune should allow a "set it and forget it" approach - at least that's what I'm hoping! Plus, in addition to fuel and boost maps, you can also mess with timing, if you are a tinkerer. I'm going to run their (Dynojet's) LCD-200 display to add the ability to datalog. This should make it a piece of cake to build an accurate boost table. Of course, the whole setup will cost you somewhere north of $750.......

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
i wold go with the recomendations of the seller,
whats best,
don,t listen to us,

·
Registered
49 Posts
It will have whatever map your kit (if you are buying a turbo or engine package that uses the PCV) manufactuer loads into it based upon their R&D. Or, whatever maps are available for download from the Dynojet site. They have maps for the stock intake and exhaust along with other combinations of intakes and exhausts. With the autotune, just load a ballpark base fuel map, enable the autotune (you have to configure the desired AFR table, which can be as simple as plugging in a safe, slightly rich AFR into all values) and drive.....it will adjust the fuel to match that AFR table on the fly.....

·
Super Moderator
5,434 Posts
It will have whatever map your kit (if you are buying a turbo or engine package that uses the PCV) manufactuer loads into it based upon their R&D. Or, whatever maps are available for download from the Dynojet site. They have maps for the stock intake and exhaust along with other combinations of intakes and exhausts. With the autotune, just load a ballpark base fuel map, enable the autotune (you have to configure the desired AFR table, which can be as simple as plugging in a safe, slightly rich AFR into all values) and drive.....it will adjust the fuel to match that AFR table on the fly.....
No kit for a particular "engine package". It was a simple question, is the stock Polaris fuel/iginition maps including with the Dynojet PC5 (for particualr year application). My understanding is it does not, but the maps simply +/- values to the base map. This is dangerous area if you do not know what the stock map values are set for.

Now, no offense but from your statement above I assume you do not have first hand experience tuning engines. If you think you can load a "generic" fuel/ign map and let the wideband O2 correct as needed you are in for a rude awakening. I have no experience with the PC 5 but I have tuned larger EFI engines making 1500hp with much more complex EFI systems. The auto-tune feature on any system should not be relied upon for the ultimate control. It is a tool used to get the base fuel map close and then allowed to only correct for a % error from the base map.

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
OK thanks ya'll
PCV with autotune it is!

Now for an injecter question
If I go with MPI's 24lb injecters will this be able to tone the fuel down at idle so its not to rich?

OR

If I go with the 3rd injecter from Attitude does it control that or will I have to run their piggyback controller?

----- pros/cons from either setup?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts