Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happens to ride and control compared to a stock location when you lift the RZR? I want to get up another 2 or 3 inches but dont want to be dissapointed with the control changes that may occur. What are your feelings or experiences?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Waist, when you raise your ride, everything else being equal, will cause your width to shorten, I good rule of thumb is 2"lift,1" narrower. Also you will raise your center of gravity by that amount (CG) which will decrease your stability slightly. You can counter this a bit by increasing your preload and tire pressure.
Some (including me) have has CV joint issues, especially if you release the A-arms all the way while under power. Some have added restraint straps to prevent this.
This being said I have a 2"lift, 2"spacers for about 4500 miles and wouldn't go back. I remove my spacers to get back to the 50" trail width when needed,
John

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
I have a Racer Tech 2 inch lift and saw a significant increase in ground clearance. I mated that with a pair of linear Afco springs from makin trax and it stiffened up the ride a bit but was well worth it in not dragging on everything like I was before. When all was said and done, I was at 12.5 inches ground clearance in the front and 13.5 inches in the rear.
It could be just me, but with the shift in the shock position that the Racer Tech kit makes, It seemed as though the steering was improved. I have not seen any CV joint issues at all and am very pleased with the upgrade.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Probably ought to set the toe in after installing a lift kit. Check for CV binding by jacking it up and turning the wheels. A 2" lift usually isn't a problem.

·
Vendor
4,015 Posts
2" is pretty safe on a standard RZR. Our kit does in fact improve shock geometry which does have more affect than just lifting the vehicle. It manipulates the roll centers, (therefore roll axis) and basically tricks the vehicle into having a compensated center of gravity. Which of course makes it feel about as stable as before lifting the machine. I can't technically prove why the steering improves but I have heard this from several others after installing the lift. My theory is it's a side affect of widening the centers of the upper shock mounts which reduces body roll, which in turn, stabilizes the side bite of the tire...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts