Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently throw my floor jack in my trailer with some pieces of wood so I can lift my RZR up to change tires between sand and dirt. With the long travel I have to put a fair amount of wood in there to get it to lift the tires enough to change them. I'm seeking an alternative. I've looked at the Pro-Eagle jacks which are nice but quite pricey. I've also seen the inflatable jacks which seem cool but I feel like the RZR would teeter on top of that especially if I'm swapping tires.

What do you guys use?

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Somebody else's winch...

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm not exactly sure if it will help you or not as I don't have long travel, but I use one of these mounted to my floor jack to to lift my RZR. I put the pads under the front or rear arms and can lift each end without the suspension sagging or I can put it under each side and still get the whole side up high enough on mine to put it on wheel dollies. I'll try to snap a pic when I get home to give you an idea and measure the lift height.

https://www.harborfreight.com/steel-floor-jack-cross-beam-60762.html

·
Registered
297 Posts
I carry a scissors jack I got from a truck at the junk yard for $10. Also, I carry a small square of plywood to put under the jack to use in the sand. I carry a light Harbor Freight floor jack in the toy hauler.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Cheap small light floor jack that has the most travel you can find standard ...along with.. 2 ...4x4 blocks about 12 or more inches long for side to side stability... and One 8x8 or 6x6 block on top of the face plate of the jack ..will usually get it done. Point is bring blocks!! ...and the lightest floor jack with the highest extension

·
Registered
33 Posts
I currently throw my floor jack in my trailer with some pieces of wood so I can lift my RZR up to change tires between sand and dirt. With the long travel I have to put a fair amount of wood in there to get it to lift the tires enough to change them. I'm seeking an alternative. I've looked at the Pro-Eagle jacks which are nice but quite pricey. I've also seen the inflatable jacks which seem cool but I feel like the RZR would teeter on top of that especially if I'm swapping tires.

What do you guys use?
I have been using an inflatable off-road jack for the last couple of years and I love it. It’s easy to use and works well on any terrain.

You can use it by yourself it just takes a little longer to get everything laid out straight.

https://youtu.be/_-fMUyv-3Ug

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Jack daddy looks like a good one.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I carry a HiLift jack. Works awesome for changing trailer tires, lifting the RZR to break the suction in mud holes/muskeg and also is a backup in case the winch dies. Heavy but 100% worth it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jack daddy.
Pro: lifts one tire at a time. Ie safer. No instability.
Con: Spendy. Only useful to vehicle equipt for it.

Exhaust jack
Pro: cheap, light, lift two tires at a time. Works well in soft sand.
Can use a compressor or co2 via a Schaeder valve, but a compressor would take quite a while to fill the bag.
Con: cheap. Bulky
I ruined the cone that attaches to the tail pipe doing too many back to back. Can’t get Chinese retailer to return emails.

Floor jack (without cool fixed extension or big fancy wheels)
Pro: ubiquitous, inexpensive
Con: heavy, needs platform, needs extension making them unstable/ unsafe

Winch or strap
Pro: light, secondary application for something you already carry.
Con: space constraints can make this difficult or impossible (think narrow trail etc).

Scissor jack
Pro: cheap, ubiquitous
Con: need a bunch of blocks to get it close enough to actually lift the UTV making it an unstable choice

I really like the jack daddy and will get another for my new RZR.

The exhaust jack has it’s place for swapping tires in the dirt like when transitioning from paddles to knobbies.

The floor jack and scissor jack are back ups that have their place. Honestly want a sand jack or pro eagle if only for the shop.

Winch or strap is a great option if done correctly and safely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As a few others have said, someone else's winch is quick and easy if you have it available. None of my crew carries a jack as most of us have winches...though I should note I'm about the only one that actually carries a decent amount of tools on my machine. They just rely on me if they break down. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found the Jack Daddy at JackDaddy
This is, IMHO, the safest and easiest to carry jack you can find for the money. Brilliant design for super fast tire changes...as a bonus, get the tie down kit that attaches to the jack daddy mounts in seconds for additional tie down or tow strap points. Customer service is top notch.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Somebody local to me (Salt Lake City) is selling what looks like a modified aluminum Harbor Freight floor jack with the steel rollers replaced with what looks like 6 inch hard rubber or pneumatic tires. I'll see if I can dig up a picture and some details.

call or text. 801-209-9037 Rob Long

·
Registered
94 Posts
Tipping on edge like pics above is fastest way. Stable if you don’t tip it too far. Winch from another machine, or, a come-along. Tree saver strap and rope shackles for grabbing on to the machine to be serviced. Land anchor, such as Pull Pal, coupled with a come-along, works in the field to change tires, ball joints, etc. when nothing else is available to anchor to.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts