Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you may have seen my previous post stating I bought a RZR that appears to be setup for muddin. The snorkel kit and big 29.5 laws give it away. They did a great oh with the snorkel kit and it's running fine. My question is, what else could they of done that isn't obvious? The clutch? Anything else? I would love to use this a mudder, but I just don't have the places to go around here. And want to make sure I can hit the trails with no issues.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

·
Banned
904 Posts
Depending on what clutch, it will be obvious, if they did it. If a clutch is in it, then when you go to take off, there will be a delay in it allowing the RPMs to increase before engaging it. As for anything else, there really isnt anything major done for mudding other than waterproofing everything which will not hurt it to stay on.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Depending on what clutch, it will be obvious, if they did it. If a clutch is in it, then when you go to take off, there will be a delay in it allowing the RPMs to increase before engaging it. As for anything else, there really isnt anything major done for mudding other than waterproofing everything which will not hurt it to stay on.
x2 on that. If you don't have any mud around there though I would definitely be getting rid of the those tractor tires for something a little more mild. They wear out so damn fast just riding trails, rocks etc. I would rather trailer my rzr then drive down a gravel road with my silverbacks on.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wren, sounds like the clutch is probably normally then, it takes off pretty well. Yes, I will be keeping the snorkel kits and everything else they did to waterproof it. They did an awesome job and there is no way Ill change that. I don't see a good reason to anyway.

Agree with you DSM, these tires are to expensive to get wore down riding on gravel and trails. They will be coming off soon. I originally thought I would sell them, but talked myself out of it, I may find some people to go riding with that know where the mud is. I will kick myself if I sold these and had to replace them later on. I already have another set of rims and am just waiting to figure out what tires im going with.

·
Banned
904 Posts
Adam, search on here for waterproofing. There are some other places that need to be done. It will also give you an idea of what to check.. Off the top of my head, its the radiator bottle, all the vent lines, the dash guage cluster, water pump, and CVT housing..

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Wren. There are 6 or 7 individual air tubes ran up and mounted as high as the snorkel kit.

·
Banned
904 Posts
Thanks Wren. There are 6 or 7 individual air tubes ran up and mounted as high as the snorkel kit.
If there are 6, then they ran the radiator bottle most likely. Pull the hood off and se if there is a hose on the cap... If not, not sure what its from. There are only 5 vent tubes for the trans, diffs, & fuel.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If there are 6, then they ran the radiator bottle most likely. Pull the hood off and se if there is a hose on the cap... If not, not sure what its from. There are only 5 vent tubes for the trans, diffs, & fuel.
Might have vented the water pump weep hole like I did too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts