Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently just purchased a Wet Sounds Stealth Ultra 10 HD. I’ve seen a lot of people say how these sound bars drain their battery.
Is there a way to hook this up to a rocker switch so it is not drawing power the entire time and draining the battery?
It’s going on an ‘18 XPT. I’d rather not have to put an extra battery in, but I also don’t want to have to worry about the machine not starting all the time.

· Registered
1,010 Posts
Recently just purchased a Wet Sounds Stealth Ultra 10 HD. I’ve seen a lot of people say how these sound bars drain their battery.
Is there a way to hook this up to a rocker switch so it is not drawing power the entire time and draining the battery?
It’s going on an ‘18 XPT. I’d rather not have to put an extra battery in, but I also don’t want to have to worry about the machine not starting all the time.
Run it off the accessory post and you won’t have any issues. Had mine for about 2 years with no issues.

· EE
303 Posts
According to the user manual, the unit is powered by a 15 Amp fuse, so no relay needed. Insert single pole switch inline with red power wire AFTER the fuse, and just remember to switch it off when not using the rig.

Here is the switch I used for my audio system that has the same issue...

PICO 5588PT Waterproof On-Off SPST Toggle Switch 1/2 Hole 2 6-16ga Leads 12V 25 Amp https://a.co/d/dddHjnL

Line Font Parallel Rectangle Diagram

That is the easiest option. The second option which does not require any remembering, is to wire a relay with the coil fired off the accessory post (key on) and its normally open contact wired in the same spot you would have wired the switch. This is the better of the two ways, but more work.

I would not recommend running the power for the sound bar directly off the accessory post, unless you have no other accessories on it, and don't intend to add any.

Reactions: DogRunner2
1 - 6 of 6 Posts