Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum but after browsing for a few weeks this looks like the best place to get advice/tips on these machines.

So here's my deal, apparently after a trail/mudding outing 2 weeks ago something happened to my belt cover that allowed water to get in while i was washing after the ride. So when I went to the trails today everything was fine for about 5 minutes then my rzr would not hardly move at all due to the belt slipping(?).

Has this ever happened to any of y'all before? Any suggestions on how to keep this from happening again? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ive had it happen before. The intake is between the seats and faces back towards the engine. I filled mine up from driving backwards through the creek to wash off. The only thing i worry about is how long the water was sitting in your clutch hopefully nothing rusted. The clutch cover is pretty easy to remove but on the 800s the cover doesnt have a drain so you have to remove the actual cover (kinda dumb) once its off just put it in neutral and rev er up a bit for a few min and make sure to clean everything out. Any brake clean type product will work and i clean the belt with soapy water, rinse and let dry. The only way to prevent is a snorkel kit. Unless your seal failed and in that case just install a new one. Hope i was able to help a little

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the tips OM, sure enough when I pulled the cover off a fair amount of water spilled out. After cleaning everything up and letting it all dry I put the cover back on and noticed 3 gaps about 2-3 inches long in different places around the perimeter of the where the case closes together. This may or may not have been the culprit, but either way I suppose I could run a bead of silicone around it to seal it up, and I will be ordering a snorkel kit tonight. That is a really stupid design on that whole assembly.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My case looks the same way but mine has always stayed sealed. I would maybe try just a new gasket. If you search the forums here guys have made step by step instructions on making them. Comes with a detailed list of what you need to buy. Got it down to a science. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts