Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im back... Ready to pull the trigger on a new 2012 XP900. Now that you have sunk thousands of dollars into your XP 900 and you could start all over agian, whats the first 5 upgrades you would do and what brand would you buy? I was the ginney pig last time...:)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Tires, wheels, doors, EPS if not equiped, and Belts.

Maxxis Big Horne or PitBull Rocker or Growler, all 3 are awesome tires
Moto Sports Alloy or ITP, They both make awesome Bead Lock wheels
Polaris EPS
DragonFire, ProArmor, or UTV inc, they all make awesome doors!!!
DragonFire, ProArmor, or UTV inc, just choose one or a color they're all good belts.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking;
- Cage - Custom with Doors (cant stand the stink bug)

- Rear paddles & front smoothies - 26"? Blasters or Hauler style? What works better on the XP?

- Exhaust - Slip on or full dual system? On my 800 I did full system then found out slip on almost as much power for half the cost. Is a full system worth it on the 900? What brand?

- Intake - Does the XP have any intake issues like the 800 did? Is anyone going with a UMP style intake?

- Programmer - Might as well if doing exhaust & intake... Any suggestions?

- Belt - Do you need to upgrade the belt or spring for dune riding with paddles? If so recommendations?

·
Registered
878 Posts
I was thinking;

- Rear paddles & front smoothies - 26"? Blasters or Hauler style? What works better on the XP?

- Exhaust - Slip on or full dual system? On my 800 I did full system then found out slip on almost as much power for half the cost. Is a full system worth it on the 900? What brand?

- Intake - Does the XP have any intake issues like the 800 did? Is anyone going with a UMP style intake?

- Belt - Do you need to upgrade the belt or spring for dune riding with paddles? If so recommendations?
I am running Haulers/smoothies on DWT beadlocks.
I have full doors but no cage.
The exhaust on the 900's stock is really good (I had an LTE dual on my 800) no real advantage to replacing unless you are looking for a certain sound.
The 4 or 5 XP's that I dune with have never had any issues with the filter setup but other people on the forums have. PCV autotune for the programmer.
I don't think you need to replace the spring but you may find you want to change the weights a little. I am running the stock belt and have had zero issues.
I see you are in Peoria as I am. You are welcome to swing by and check out my setup when I am home.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
#1 Hareness set
#2 Seats
#3 Cage
#4 Doors
#5 EPS

After #1 there is no particular "order" to me (although due to injury EPS is just as important as Belts, I can't drive well without it).

Actually these are the hard 5 I'd have to get installed.

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
I was thinking;

I would say Harnesses, Seats, Doors and Cage, and if you dune Paddle setup.

Paddles - I would go with haulers, its a matter of choice but seems like quite of few have switched from blasters back to haulers.

exhaust - don't waste your money for $1000 not enough gains.

intake - if you maintain the filter and ensure that you seat the lid good the stock system works great. I have over 2500 miles on mine almost all dusty desert and sand with 0 issues. Only downfall is you go through a lot of filters but Parker Yamaha sells them for $20 instead of $30 at most dealers.

programmer - not needed

belt - keep the OEM, it works great, I am still on the stock one. Clutching is preference, its not needed but if you want quicker acceleration off the line then you could do one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
1 harnesses 2 sandblasters rear razor blasters front 3 now that I'm turboed could never go without it again 4 good led lighting 5 seats and doors. Those are the items I would not give up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts