Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on running down to buy a new S this weekend called the dealer to tell them I was comming in to do the deal.he says sorry cant do that because of the NO SALE ,I asked what If we put an after market cage on he said Sorry already tried that with popo , cant talk anout any sale untill popo comes up with a fix ??? How long that will be. So Im sitting on a stripped xp (stock) that I just pulled all my goodies off for the trade, OH Well shouldent have got to excited

Maybe soon I hope:surprise

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hey, Polaris, here's a fix.... Spec .095" or .120" wall tubing for your darn cages.

These things are now more than fast enough to take sprint car level tumbles, it's time to give them a cage that's more appropriate rather than the minimum ROPS spec.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
530 Posts
I remember a couple years ago car shopping for my daughter. Found a nice use CPO BMW X1 that was listed for sale on the dealer's website. Went down to make an offer and was told they couldn't sell it because it had the Takata air bags. Had no answer as to why it was listed for sale on their website. SMH

On the upside, you might be able to find a low mileage used one that somebody wants rid of cheap.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m hopeing this gets fixed quickly or it looking like an x3 will be in the shop, I would prefer a popo but a guy has to ride, and It takes time to get a new car ready to roll (acessories)

Are you listening popo

·
Can't 'Member.
702 Posts
There is one group they certainly are not listening to.
Those of us who have asked for quality control to become a priority; who want to see a new machine released that doesn't start down the recall road too many of us have lived with.
Frankly, it is a bit more than a bit frustrating.
Have they learned nothing from the past few years?

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
It is interesting. Last year (2017) at the world Polaris meeting in Las Vegas, Polaris more or less said that they were temporarily acquiescing the top end of the performance segment away to Can-Am for their X3 Turbo (this was pre-S) and completely focusing on quality control.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Popo is pulling the cars off the showroom floor, my dealer told me that popo is comming to take the cars back ,no way possable to sell one, so its looking more like an x3 will be in my shop next week, Im gonna have to learn to live with it,

·
Can't 'Member.
702 Posts
Now that is interesting.

Polaris is rapidly entering a damned if they do damned if they don't place.
Stock on showroom floors is being pulled but they also have a fair number of these out in the world already. What are they going to do...buy those back?
Is the fix so elaborate that the machines must be returned to the factory?

Holy cow...

I hope for everyone's sake they get this right, completely, and move forward.
I want to see the competition between the manufacturers continue, we all benefit from that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The only reason polaris would take the s off the floor is to bolt a new cage on. There is no way polaris is going to stop selling these machines, it is the best one they have built yet. I like mine a lot better than the x3xrs that I had. Just my opinion. Although a 8 or 10" longer wheel base would be nice.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Popo is pulling the cars off the showroom floor, my dealer told me that popo is comming to take the cars back ,no way possable to sell one, so its looking more like an x3 will be in my shop next week, Im gonna have to learn to live with it,
Sounds like he is feeding you a bunch of BS. The fix part number (new cage) came out 2 days ago with the ability to pre order the parts.

https://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-turbo-s/525490-turbo-s-recall-info-please-read-11.html#post5782990

·
Registered
293 Posts
nothing will change until people stop buying their products. By the looks of it thats not going to happen. Go buy something else and send your sales guy the picture. Once enough people do that things will change.

·
Can't 'Member.
702 Posts
Read the other thread, sounds like they have moved in the right direction. The shipping weight of the replacement cage, complete, is over 170 lbs.
It sounds like perhaps they have built a cage worthy of the machine. Lets hope so.
Really want them to get things right.

·
Premium Member
10,039 Posts
Read the other thread, sounds like they have moved in the right direction. The shipping weight of the replacement cage, complete, is over 170 lbs.
It sounds like perhaps they have built a cage worthy of the machine. Lets hope so.
Really want them to get things right.
dont forget weight of pallet

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The dealer is not happy as he has lost over 6 sales and others like my self asked if an aftermarket cage install would do the trick to get them released , popo said no I dont understand why they wont sent a cage out I wouldeve bought the car and let it sat at the dealers knowing that it would get fixed and I had a new car but just ended up with this on my trailer today :surprise

Attachments

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nice! Good to have options. It's too bad short term profits are more important than quality.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Nice dude ... don't blame you at all for crossing over to the dark side X3's are sweet, there is only so many years of recalls, fires and BS Polaris customers are willing to deal with

So whens the Wildcat XX turbo coming out?..... ha ha need a new turbo in the garage soon

Congrats on the new ride

1 - 20 of 27 Posts