Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Michael and I'm the head designer here at Ricochet Offroad. The main reason i've decided to become a sponsor here on rzrforums.net is to hopefully be able to get some direct feedback from owners on our product. If you get the time take a look at our website and our Armor Kit for the RZR and tell me what you think. I have set up a special page for forum members where you can save $100 on a full kit. In return for this big discount all I ask is that you give me some feedback on what you like and what you think could be improved. I will check this forum regularly to answer any questions you might have, or you can give me a call toll free at 1-866-273-1197. Thanks

Here's the member link: Ricochet Offroad

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Welcome Ricochet Offroad!

I'v been using the Ricochet aluminum a-arm and diff. guards for about a week and so far I'm completely satsified. I will be going with the full skid plates now that I see how well made and tough the Ricochet stuff is. For me, the main reason to invest in a-arm guards is to protect my c-v boots and to add strength to arms. Some of the other guards out there don't provide the coverage that these do. If you would like to see how they look installed I'm including a link to some pics. Snapfish: Share:Registration_Opt2

·
Registered
63 Posts

I have been using ricochet products for years on my race quads. Don has always treated me great and would reccomend there products to anyone.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts

Ok ill be the first here to cover my S with a full set of ricochet skids.I ordered today, so far so good,Mike and Don were very nice easy to deal with and awnsered all my questions.I had called a few times before i decided to place order and someone awnsered the phone anytime i called.Ill post pics once they are on.

·
Registered
668 Posts

if you could add a brace to the one that protects the motor and tran. i welded one that goes between the motor and tran that runs front to back out of 2" angle .but alot of people do not have stuff like that laying around. you could make one that is fastened to your plat. the lip of the angle hangs over the cross brace in the middle and over the back brace so the plate can not deflect up and hit the motor or tran

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

I'v been using the Ricochet aluminum a-arm and diff. guards for about a week and so far I'm completely satsified. I will be going with the full skid plates now that I see how well made and tough the Ricochet stuff is. For me, the main reason to invest in a-arm guards is to protect my c-v boots and to add strength to arms. Some of the other guards out there don't provide the coverage that these do. If you would like to see how they look installed I'm including a link to some pics. Snapfish: Share:Registration_Opt2
tinman, any way I can view your photo's without joining snapfish?

·
Registered
82 Posts

I just purchased a full skid plate for my Razr and should have it tomorrow. I will let you know what I think once I get it on.

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts

I like them but rear a arm guard let a stick by to rip the boot.
How is that possible? The Ricochet skids have incredible protection. Must have been a fluke! I have the Ricochet A-Arm skids, anodized black at all four corners and I couldn't recommend them enough...extremely nice product.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts

Could a cv pinch hole in boot?The hole is in the last deep fold by the clamp that holds the boot to cv by hub.

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts

Anything is possible...maybe a stick did sneak through, maybe a rock got caught up in the suspension...who knows??? That's the name of the game when we are out riding. I know you didn't imply anything bad about the skids. We can put as much protection as possible on our machines, but S**t happens!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts

Hey, Thanks guys for sticking up for our product. Of course nothing is full proof, we try to give the most protection possible without causing interference when the suspension is fully compressed. I apologize if i missed some of your questions, i haven't checked this thread in a while, i'll try and check back more frequently for any other questions or concerns you might have.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Best of both worlds Skid Plate Kits. Aluminum and UHMW combined.

Hello all, glad to be back as a supporting vendor of the RZR forums. After seeing some of the discussions here on RZR forums about what is the preferred material for after market skid plates we have come up with some new designs that we really think knock it out of the park, we're interested in getting some thoughts and feedback from some RZR owners on what they think.

The debate has been between Aluminum and UHMW skid plates. Aluminum is much stronger and less likely to crack and warp but can be noisy and create a lot of friction when scraping over rocks. The UHMW provides a quiet and slick surface that glides easily over rocks.

We have taken a two different approaches to to make sure our customers are getting the very best protection for the type of terrain they're usually riding.

For the RZR 800 we are giving customers the choice between 3/16" Aluminum (1/4" upgrade available) or if you like the quiet glide features you can get 3/8" UHMW Plastic. As you can see we will use the plastic for main skid only, the a-arm guards, bash plate and rock sliders will still use aluminum which bends and holds it shape far better then the plastic.

The RZR 900 & 1000 are much more likely to high center and need to scrape over rocks because of the wider span between the front and rear wheels so for these models we are layering 1/4" UHMW over the top of the 3/16" Aluminum, for a truly heavy-duty and frictionless skid plate in which you can tackle any obstacle with ease and confidence.

Let us know what you think, and we'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Also, check out on our website www.ricochetoffroad.com or feel free to give us a call toll free, 1-866-273-1197.

Thanks,
Michael Gibbs
Ricochet Off-Road

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Re: Best of both worlds Skid Plate Kits. Aluminum and UHMW combined.

Why no UHMW on the rear trailing arms for the RZR 1K ?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts