Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So adding a few pieces to the new ride and lighted whips was the latest. I installed a set of 5150 whips that have a white wire that goes to brake signal and they turn red when brakes are applied. Strange thing….they worked for a sec but then they went back to normal color and my brake lights stopped working correctly. When I hit the brakes they would light for just a second and then go off. When this happened, I noticed I could also start it without the brake pedal pressed? At the same time, I had also installed the spring brake lock deal and had it set on for a few days.

As I was messing around trying to diagnose the issue, I noticed when I unplug the switch on the master cylinder and plug it back in it resets the whole deal. Brakes lights work correctly, whips go red when brakes pressed, all good.

That only works for a minute or two and then it freaks out again.

I had a thought that maybe the high pressure on the master cylinder from it sitting for a bit with the spring brake deal pressed impacted the sensor maybe?

Ideas?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Disconnect the whips and see if the brake lights act normally. While they are disconnected see if it will still start without stepping on the brake- if so fix that first before you do anything else.. sounds like two different problems

1 - 2 of 2 Posts