Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Weighed the rzr

Weighed the rzr over the weekend using some DOT inspection scales. I was quite surprised, I thought it would be a little heavier considering i have a good size steel plate welded on for a skid plate, more metal on the roll cage, full tank of gas, extra 5 gallons on the rear, box full of everything, and cooler full of drinks. According to the math i weigh 225...my actual weight is 180..so i dont know where that came in but it gives me a ballpark. It also helps me get my suspension set up properly now that i know how much I'm carrying. Does this mean i need 400lb springs in the rear?

Who else has weighed their rzr...am i overweight?

Empty- 1075lbs

Driver Front 200 Pass Front 175
Driver Rear 350 Pass Rear 350

With me- 1300lbs

Driver Front 275 Pass Front 200
Driver Rear 425 Pass Rear 400

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well they are "Truck scales" so something that little im not concerned about..

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
If your weighing all 4 corners make sure the preload is set the same and the air pressure is the same also. If your numbers are still way off side to side you may have a tweeked frame.:popcorn:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your weighing all 4 corners make sure the preload is set the same and the air pressure is the same also. If your numbers are still way off side to side you may have a tweeked frame.:popcorn:
My frame probably is tweaked. its bent up in the middle, and was tipped on pass side. Has been re welded and reinforced like crazy since then. I dont think the preload has that much to do with it..its not going to make it weigh any less if i crank it up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Get in touch with "Cisco Kid" on this forum...I believe he has fox shox all the way around and they set him up right. He took his rzr to the shop fully loaded just how he would be driving and then they weighed it with him inside and set up his ratios accordingly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts