Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I had Shock Therapy revalve my shocks. Love it. But to be fair I also added rheir dual rate springs at the same timè. Rides soo much better.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
There are definitely gains to made with the valving but I would start with springs and see if you are happy with just that. The front spring on the 17 XP 1000 is a progressive spring and the upper coil on the rear is bound (fully compressed) at ride height. There is a lot to gain just from springs.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
We do them all of the time, however we do not use the Walker pre set "performance" valve stack that you buy on their website. We've created our own and the difference is amazing.
What is the procedure for this?
Do I give you spec's on my type of riding?
Do I ship my shocks to you?
What is the approximate cost?
What should I expect from the re-valve?
I already have RTpro medium springs, which is a nice improvement over stock.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
There are definitely gains to made with the valving but I would start with springs and see if you are happy with just that. The front spring on the 17 XP 1000 is a progressive spring and the upper coil on the rear is bound (fully compressed) at ride height. There is a lot to gain just from springs.
If anyone wants to discuss stock rates vs. what Eibach uses, shoot me a PM.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Has anyone done the walker evans revalve kit on their 2017 XP1000???? Better worse or no difference?
I had my shocks done by Shock Therapy. I had the RIS and DRS installed. Made a world of difference. I also gained some ground clearance. But the slow driving on the trail is amazing. Going over the small roots and rocks before I had the shocks done was kinda chattery or sharp. After the revalve the ride is much smoother and I can still jump the RZR and drive aggressive when the wife isn't in the car.

But as much as I love what I had done. I wish I would have done it in stages. Only because it is possible that I would have been happy with just the springs. It would be nice to see or feel the effects of the different stages independently.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts