Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone show me where the weep hole is at on the cluster? I believe i got it but would really really like to be sure. And what abt the vent for the radiator? Do I need to drill a hole in the cap? Pictures of this would also be nice! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The weep hole is on the back of the cluster and is really small. I used just a little silicone to cover it up. never had a problem with it since.

For the radiator I was told to drill a hole it the cap and install a small hose barb fitting then run a vent line from that. Sounded great, but once i did it all and put the hood on I noticed the hood sticking up from the new fitting coming off the cap ( this also caused the new vent line to pinch and cut it) That wasn't gonna work. So I resealed the cap with a pipe fitting plug and just installed the barb fitting next to the cap on the top of the tank. Now its low enough now to clear the hood and not kink the hose

·
Registered
1 Posts
does anyone have any ideas about a lightweight storage box for the back of the rzr ? we need to keep all the dust and dirt out of our stuff, lunch and other. thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got the EMP cargo cover a little over a month ago and love it. We've had some really dry weather here in Georgia so riding on my hunting property has been nothing but a red clay dust bowl. I've had very little dust get in and it's kept my trail cam, and other electronic equipment well protected.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the weep hole i believe i got on the back of the cluster, well i say i did but its hard to see. So I was hoping someone had an old cluster hangin around and can point it to me b4 i try to go deep. And the vent for the radiator, i thought that the radiator itself and not the coolant bottle had to have the vent. i believe i read somewhere that you drill into the radiator cap? But i could be wrong, its happened b4. Then why put a vent on the bottle if its all sealed off from the bottle to the radiator?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey toolyea, you headin to mudstock? thats where ill be heading to next week, cant wait, hope the rzr can handle it!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wont be making it to Mudstock, but I am going to Alto for the Halloween ride Oct. 15-17.

As far as the vent for the "radiator" goes - I do not recommend drilling a hole in the actual radiator cap. That metal cap on the radiator is designed like an automotive radiator cap. When the spring on the bottom of the cap gets hot, it contracts allowing fluid to flow threw the uppermost hose on the radiator "neck" and then the fluid goes to the "overflow" bottle. That bottle has a cap from the factory, that cap has a small hole in the top of it to allow the fluid level to rise n fall. There in lies your problem with going deep - the first time you do nasty/muddy/ water will go threw the little hole in the factory cap and potentially contaminate the radiator fluid or mess up the water pump. Sooooo, as stated above ^ just put a vent line on with a few loops in in so nothing goes in the overflow bottle BUT it will still vent and allow fluid to enter the bottle if needed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so I can just loop it a couple of times and leave it under the hood or would it be best to run it to the roof along with my other vents?

·
Registered
49 Posts
yep, loop the line a few times and just leave it under the hood.

·
Registered
425 Posts
g-man

For your light cargo box (and cheap too) go to your local hard wear store & pick up a Rubbermade Actionpacker and a cheap rubber seal (the self adhesive type in 1/4"). Place the seal in the grove on the lid and your done. About 30 bucks and five minutes and you have a clean, dry and cheap cargo box. Then just through a cam strap over it and one in front of it to hold it on.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Don't forget dielectric grease on anyband all electric connections, and plug boots!

I got a questionnabout the weep hole for water pump... What should be done with this?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Input some dielectric grease over it to keep contaminants out, but if it needs to leak it'll leak... I think?

Clean water... Yeah if there were such a thing where we ride!

Also put a dab of dialect grease over pin hole on over flow cap...

·
Registered
140 Posts
What is a cluster and where is it located??

Mikey

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The speedo... Te read out of ur speed, rpm, etc... "cluster" bc everything is clustered together lol.

·
Registered
311 Posts
What is a cluster and where is it located??

Mikey
Cluster is referring to the instrument housing in the dash for your speedometer, odometer, clock, rpm readout. hours, etc.

PS. not to be confused with a "Cluster F**K", as that has a totally different meaning.

·
Registered
317 Posts
LOL! Thats funny. I thought I had ordered the radiator cap from Rubber Down Customs with the nipple on it but guess I didnt. Now I gotta drill me a hole and put a barbed nipple in it. Seen someone mentioned putting dielectric grease on this and the weep hole for the water pump.....hmm.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Make sure u seal the cap on ur ecu box. Just melted my ecu yesterday. I have put the grease shit on all electrical, snorkeled it, sealed anything else I could think of but was never aware that the ecu could take on water. So instead of spending a dollar on silicone, I'm spending way more for another ECU. not to mention that my damn trip got ruined yesterday.

Sorry, still pissed about it. Lol. Just a heads up!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts