Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. My first post
I bought a new RZR LE about 2 months ago and brought it to my cottage on an island in Canada. I loaned it to a friend and he brought it back with no brakes and didn't tellme it had no brakes, as a result it went off the end of my dock and sat in 12' of water for 3 weeks before the insurance company picked it up and wrote it off. I bought it back from them for 2 grand (it only has 50 miles) but it sat in their compound for a few weeks un-attended. I picked it up yesterday and it seems like the oil is clean and so is the fuel, I haven't tried to start it yet as I will flush everything first but it seems like I just made a pretty sweet deal. Since it was pretty much new, insurance paid me full price for a new one.
Ray

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, you and the wet one!

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,782 Posts
....two things

First question.......has your buddy come to yet? Or did you knock him into the upcoming month?

Second question.....now I know that there is usually a good reason for everything.....but.

Why would one need to drove down a dock that evidently has 12' of water at the end??

Glad you got it back!!
(But I think this is going to be interesting)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well doesn't this make me feel welcome, thanks to everyone for the welcome. To answer a few questions...no I haven't talked tomy friend about it yet, actually he was not a close friend he is the son of a fellow cottager who only comes out once a year, and in his defense he did say"gee these things sure don't stop very well" Why I was driving down the dock was to haul stuff up from my boat, pretty common practise around these parts. The dock has a steep ramp down tothe floating part of the dock so I managed to pick up pretty good speed before I had a drink.

When I thought my rzr was gone forever I went out shopping for a new one and decided to get the 2011 RZR S Black Carbon fiber, sweet ride. My son has a 09 S and it's pretty sweet. I'm thinking I may still get it to keep at home and keep the water boy at the cottage or convert the LE to an S .

Any Canucks on this forum ?
Ray

·
Registered
500 Posts
Grande Prairie. about 4 hours nw of Edmonton

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yep, canuck here too... way out east from most of you guys..
Welcome to the forum, you will find it is a great place for advice or parts... check out the forum sponsors...
be sure to share the rest of your story, hope it works out for you... I assume it was fresh water too BTW... salt would eat out the inside of your ecm.. I seen a few rigs dunk'd in salt water, it's not a good scene.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hell look around this forum and you'll see a lot of people drive theirs in 12' of water on purpose... can't be too bad.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts