Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, parked my 2012 800s in a river with water coming just an inch higher than the floor board. I sat there for about 45 minutes kinda resting to the sound of the water trickling by. Water getting around the clutch didn't cross my mind because on other units, not Polaris, I've done that with no issues. I've gone in rivers, streams, and creeks before with no issues but I didn't linger around like that before with the Rzr. But I knew the belt was in water when I had to drive around 5 to 10 mph on the way back to my truck because of that resistance where you can't accelerate. This happened yesterday.

Today I removed the seats, the seat support bar thing, and got all of the screws out of the cover to remove it to discover I can't fully get the cover off the unit unless I also remove the storage and battery box thing as well. Is there a trick of the trade to getting that cover out of there without removing anything else? Was a pain just getting to that point lol. The primary is the side catching where I can't remove it. Also there was no water which came out when I opened it up. I saw some spots on the plastic where water once was but the only thing I found was just some dust. I haven't put everything back on to see if it's still having the issue but is there possibly something I might be over looking if that doesn't solve my issue?

·
Registered
653 Posts
If you ever get water again, use a flat screw driver and remove the top vent tube. Rev the engine and it will spit all the water out. Put the tube back on and you are good to go.

Seal your belt cover with silicone and this will help prevent this in the future. You can also install a valve stem low in the cover to let water out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Had the same issue and you will in the future if yOu do not seal (silicone) the front and back of the belt cOvers. Suggestion get a big tube of silicone and a clutch puller. I sealed the 3 possible entry points about A month ago and have had no issues. Even in water a I've the bottom of the seats with no issues

1 - 3 of 3 Posts