Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to buy a warranty? How many of you buy a warranty? And is it a good deal to buy one, or in other words is it worth the cash? Just new so any help would be great. I drive a 2010 RZR S, and do I love it, YES! Thanks for you help and info.

·
rzrs24
775 Posts
I have purchased the warranty on my last 3 rides and have not had to use it at all. my next ride i think i will do without. if you have a lemon it will prob show problems in the first 6 months. You can talk them down on the price, so always try. If you can pick it up cheap its not a bad idea. Plus from my experience the problems i have had were not covered under warranty for whatever reason.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hummmm....belts are not replaced under warranty(?) or at least that is what I was told. My rzr has under 300 miles and it's a smokin already... I've got a great fix-it hubby that can replace it...now that is what I call a warranty! (grin)

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I have 2 rzrs an s and regular both 09s.s has had front & rear complete differentials & housings,clutch,1 shock,1brake line,both frt. upper control arm bushings all ball joints,master cylinder,both tie rod ends, and a fuel pump replaced all under a warranty that cost me 600.00.the regular rzr had a complete top end replaced under warranty at 300 miles .so even though I can do my own work I came out way ahead by having an extended warranty.as I've said before if my rzr had no warranty I wouldn't ride it. as soon as the warranty runs out I'll sell them and get new ones.

·
www.rockmidgetphotography
304 Posts
I have 2 rzrs an s and regular both 09s.s has had front & rear complete differentials & housings,clutch,1 shock,1brake line,both frt. upper control arm bushings all ball joints,master cylinder,both tie rod ends, and a fuel pump replaced all under a warranty that cost me 600.00.the regular rzr had a complete top end replaced under warranty at 300 miles .so even though I can do my own work I came out way ahead by having an extended warranty.as I've said before if my rzr had no warranty I wouldn't ride it. as soon as the warranty runs out I'll sell them and get new ones.
That seems like a TON of broken shit. How do you ride?

The main problem at my local place is that if you don't buy their "Pit Pass" with the warranty, it will sit for a month before they look at it.

It is like blackmail. Pisses me off.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I bought a 3 year extended when I bought my RZR. I paid around 400 for it.. As of right now I've pretty much broke even. I've had a little over 400 bucks worth of stuff replaced. My RZR is a little over a year old so I'd say the warranty was worth it. I'd be surprised if I didn't have some kind of warranty claim in the next 2 years. Now that said warranty work is a PITA.. Dealers suck and they are so slow with repairs. I think some kind of extended warranty is a good idea. I would not spend much on one though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thanks for all the info. But where is the best place to buy a warranty, and for how many years, and what is the best price you have found?

Thanks again,
STONEMAN

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Hey thanks for all the info. But where is the best place to buy a warranty, and for how many years, and what is the best price you have found?
I bought my warranty through the dealer. It is a Western, it will cover for 4 years. Will see how it works out.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
That seems like a TON of broken shit. How do you ride?

The main problem at my local place is that if you don't buy their "Pit Pass" with the warranty, it will sit for a month before they look at it.

It is like blackmail. Pisses me off.
when I'm by myself I run flat out wfo .mostly what I ride is old gas roads behind my house.I ride a lot at windrock and black mtn. both are pretty rough riding.as an ex semi pro quad and motorcycle racer it takes quite a bit to get the adrenalin going .you'd think after 20 broken bones and my back 3 times I'd slow down but the older I get the faster I want go.I've ridden several people in the rzr and theres only one that has gotten in more than once and thats my wife .everyone asks if she's crazy for riding with me.shes rode with me on a sport bike at over 100 on the back wheel,and dragging our knees in the curves .we've ridden together for over 25 years.I've hurt myself on many occasions but knock on wood she's missed out on all my crash and burn's.the one reason I got the rzr is I thought might be safer way to go fast.and as the saying goes with age comes a cage.sorry about being so long winded I bet your sorry you asked .

·
Registered
633 Posts
The way I look at it is this: I was offered a 5 year extended waranty for $1,500... Yeah I know... anyways... Labor isn't included in a polaris waranty. So... If a $500.00 part craps out and it's covered I still have to pay for the labor to have it replaced and it doesn't take long to add up $500 in labor at $70.00 per hour.

The last thing that broke on me was an a-arm broke on all the welds at once while I was just putting along and the waranty wouldn't cover it "said I hit a rock". Well I didn't care if it were covered or not because it turned out actually cheaper to buy the parts myself and do the work then it would have for them to waranty the parts and then pay them for the labor...

The only stuff I wouldn't want to do is electrical, tranny, and engine work but everything else I feel comfortable doing myself so I don't think i'll go with the extended waranty... Is this a good decision???

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
It depends on the warranty, friend of mine who does all of his own work - got a 5 year warranty for $600 with a $50 deductable.

Consumables are not covered like belt, brake pads etc.

It's worth the peace of mind if you can get it cheap, otherwise bank it if you can. I had a warranty on my 08 but the dealer who installled a lift kit before I picked it up went out of business. The next dealer I took it to voided my warranty because of the lift kit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts