Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I haven't received that letter but will be pissed if I do... Popo knows thats an issue and has replaced many top ends. Its a main reason i got my warranty and it was covered at the time they sold it to me. Should be at minimum grandfathered in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the letter says under no circumstances is dirt ingestion covered by polaris warranty or the ex warranty. it is your responsibilty to maintain the filter. They inclosed a copy of the maintenance chart. So I called them and ask how you can tell if your filter needs changed they told me to use my best judgement.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
First off I have never had any snot noised wanna be do any warranty work on my machines. Have always done my own work and hardly any has been done during the warranty period. Second I have talked to a gazillion RZR owners in my travels and have not have had ONE mention poor air filtration or dirt indigestion so I am guessing that is not the warranty denial problem.
On edit: Two posts by the OP. Think we got a troll here!

·
Better Friend Than Enemy
3,041 Posts
If Polaris denies the warranty for the dirt ingestion,, it'll be suicide for their sales.
Not another dime from us.
They will be the Yugo of SxS's.

So far they have honored it for everyone I know of that is still in warranty.

Bad enough the new Rzr/Rzr S still has the old air filter system.

I'd like to see a copy of that letter.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Another edit: If you got a 5 year warranty it is not a POLARIS warranty. It is a warranty from an insurance company. The Polaris dealer may have sold the warranty to you but the dealer or Polaris as a company does not honor it, the insurance company does. Get pissed at the insurance company.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First off I have never had any snot noised wanna be do any warranty work on my machines. Have always done my own work and hardly any has been done during the warranty period. Second I have talked to a gazillion RZR owners in my travels and have not have had ONE mention poor air filtration or dirt indigestion so I am guessing that is not the warranty denial problem.
are you saying you have never heard of dirt indigestion on rzrs?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
This is an insanely common problem on 08's, 09's, and 10's. Do a search on the forums for "intake" and read until your eyes fall out.

Tonight I was performing some work on mine when I decided to do the old TB check test. Lo and behold, after wiping a cloth, I had a light coating of dirty dust. Mine you, I have the new unifilter from Polaris (change 6 months or 100 miles religiously, or if very dirty--which does not happen), routinely tighten the boots, etc.

The problem stems from poor intake design. The 800 sucks a ton of air, and under hard acceleration, the boots after the filter leak.

I have the 5-year Polaristar warranty, so I am not bothering with a DFR or UMP if or until the engine fails a compression test and Polaris replaces it. If they want to try to deny coverage, I have my receipts, and I'll bring my professional life (lawyer up) into my personal life.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Funny one of mine is in the shop with a broke rod that basically destroyed the motor. Polaristar said it was dirt but the shop and I don't see that, it looks like the rod just broke but they said rods just don't break. I sent Polaris a message today to see if I can get some help. It sucks I guess I'll be calling a lawyer if they can't help.
Tim Adams

·
Read Only
621 Posts
Let's not get too excited until someone posts this dust ingestion letter. It wouldn't come from a dealer in any case, but rather from Polaris directly. That's where all the other dust letters (new filter, extended warranty on dust ingestion, etc.) came from.

We can all rant about what criminals Polaris is after we read the letter. Surely there's more than one Rzr owner that would have got such a thing...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Oh yes I have heard of it. Only on this forum. My dealer never had one in for warranty for dirt indigestion. We are friends and he as always been up front with me so I believe him. I have talked to lots of RZR owners around here and not one has had any problems with dirt. Like all the forums no matter the subject the problems get all the press. No one seems to follow a no problem post for long. Dont get me wrong I modified mine for better filtration Just cause I like to tinker with things. But if you read my posts it didnt cost me an arm and a leg either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Friend just had his '08 rebuilt supposedly because of dust ingestion. Dealer made some ominous remarks about his K&N filter being the cause. BUT the work got done under the warranty. Don't know if it was Polaris or aftermarket warranty.
In any case, on my new RZR S there won't be any aftermarket engine components - I'm not giving them any excuse to wiggle out of fixing my ride if the need arises. If you do your own maintenance just be sure to keep all receipts and keep a log of the work you do.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Well, 6 days from the original post and still no copy of the letter posted. Like chopperbill said, looks like a troll anyway.
ok you asked for it

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c244/daggersin13/cid_770F4A0B6CE44428B010A8271E722C1Btech2.jpg
That is a dealer letter read your warranty agreement you got in the mail from Polaristar if you ever have any problems.

They are giving good advice after a ride if your all dirty and dusty then your filter is probably dirty too, at the end of a days ride you blow your nose and your blowing mud buggers your filter is probably dirty too, its all common sense sad part is most people dont have any and would never make the connection that my sinus is full of dirt so my air filter that is breathing the same air is probably dirty too hence the dealer sending the letter.

Polaris had all kinds of dirt ingestion problems they even extended the warranty on some they have made a bunch of updates on the air filter system to prevent the intake connections from falling off, none of these fixes has anything to do with running the engine with a filter so plugged with dirt its now sucking the dirt through the filter.

Anybody has even the slightest doubt about the RZR ever having dirt ingestion problems

If your still in doubt about dirt ingestion problems you can read the service bulletin from Polaris. http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/download/file.php?id=25936

I would not get too excited about the letter like I say its great advice from your dealer my hats off to them for taking the time to send you the letter heck its probably taking business away from them.

I did this mod and it keeps the majority of the dirt and dust out of my air box so my main filter has less loading and last longer. PilotOdyssey.com • View topic - Prefilter Mod By hoser.. RZR

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.