Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a mount to fit the warn 4000 winch. i have done a search and found that everyone agrees the hunterworks winch plate fits. Here is the problem.....Ordered from Hunterworks over two weeks ago, they charged my card right away and sent a reciept via e-mail. Then the next day I get an e-mail saying that they no longer have that mount but will send me a mount from viper. I told here that this winch has different mounting points and that mount would not work. She said she would do some research and find one that fits. So that was last week. E-mailed yesterday and she still has no resolution. BUT she does have my money. So what to do? Is there anywhere else I can go or am I stuck untill they come up with something? Not looking for a full bumper mount.....want it in the stock location. Anybody else make one?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hunterworks no longer offers their winch mounts? I just got one from them a month ago so this must be something really recent..

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it is recent.....ordered mine two weeks ago and they dont have one for me. The way they made it sound was that THEY never made it in the first place....got it from some third party distributor. They dont actually manufacture anything.....just in the sales business.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Check with Matt and the boys here, http://www.atvoutfitters.net/ a new forum sponsor with a outstanding reputation in the ATV world! With great connections.
Rzr mount not shown on the website but I'd call them, (864) 630-7433. They've always matched or beat anyone's prices.

H

·
0 Posts
First off I'd ask for a refund immediately and tell them when they find a mount let you know...charging you for something they don't even carry anymore is unsat.
As for another mount that works...I'm not sure. When I was looking at the 40 the one from Hunterworks was the only one I could find. I want to say that I read where someone modified a mount for a 30 series but I could be dreaming that?
Another option is a winch bumper...but I have to think that some makes a mount that will work..if they don't a vendo should jump on it IMO...with the RZR4 out there the 40 series will be getting more attention...if I hadn't gotten a 3500# Polaris winch for free I would have went with the 40 and figured out how to mount it even if I had to make the mount myself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good thing I read this, I was about to click the buy button a second ago... Figured I'd search Hunterworks on here first...

Let me know how you make out, I emailed Todd to ask him if this fits the RZR4... We'll see.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, I emailed Todd there, asking if the winch mount fits the RT40. He told me "To my knowledge yes it will."

I asked if they were in stock, his answer: "They are shipped from a warehouse in Louisiana and most likely it is."

So, I ended up placing my order yesterday - sent an email to Amber (sales lady there) today, asking about shipping status...? Haven't heard back yet (that was 30 min. ago), I'll keep you guys in the loop...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Posted too soon, just got an email back from Amber... They are on back order she should be hearing back from the manufacturer today with status.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well ordered mine on 9/12 and have not seen it yet. Sort of nervous to take the RZR out without a winch in the places i ride. If I would have known better i would have just got the RT30 and been done with it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well ordered mine on 9/12 and have not seen it yet. Sort of nervous to take the RZR out without a winch in the places i ride. If I would have known better i would have just got the RT30 and been done with it.
Yeah, I would have gone with the Viper 4000lb... But, like you, I already bought the RT40, now looking for a solution. I did just come across a thread where a guy drilled new holes for the Cycle Country one. I recieved that from my local vendor. I can assure you, the mount may work if you drill it, but the warn 'fairlead roller' sits over the 'fairlead mount' so you CAN'T drill new holes...

Balls.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Emailed them this morning asking about tracking information for my order.....no respnse as of yet. 32 days since it was ordered and paid for :(

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok....finally got it in last night and installed it. Seems to be pretty well built. PAIN to install but thats because of the 4000# winch. Great product....just wish it wouldn't have taken so long!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts