Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Rzr Rookie
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving the s since we bought it brand new in april and it has been fun and is all stock except for the minor mods in the sig typical bolt on stuff but now I am wanting more out of it I have the winter to get everything done for the dune season next year it sees a little bit of trail riding and some back roads but mostly duning is what it does. I am wanting to buy a set of doonz to replace my dunestars since they are getting tore up and I am not pleased with how they perform all the time although in good sand I love them. So my list of upgrades for the winter are as follows I just need some advice on what is the best bang for the buck and best product I dont mind spending a little more but dont want to pay for something that sucks.
1. Doonz Tires front and rear
2. Full swing open doors
3. Intake
4. Exhaust
5. Power Commander
6. Clutch Kit and new belt
7. Car to car radio communication we have 2 rzr s models, an arctic cat , teryx and a rhino to ride with and all are interested in communication. So what are the best products you have found and where along with suggestions are appreciated I know a turbo or big bore is the best power mods but I am not ready to tear into the motor and the budget isnt there for a turbo or the need really just want a little more so i dont have to full throttle as much on the dunes

·
Banned
399 Posts
Rugged for the comm system's. They make a great product and have great service! Utv.Inc has alot of things to choose from and are also very good to work with great service as well! For paddles I dont think these things have the tire spin but I dont know because i dont ride in the sand. I'm sure someone here can help you on that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been driving the s since we bought it brand new in april and it has been fun and is all stock except for the minor mods in the sig typical bolt on stuff but now I am wanting more out of it I have the winter to get everything done for the dune season next year it sees a little bit of trail riding and some back roads but mostly duning is what it does. I am wanting to buy a set of doonz to replace my dunestars since they are getting tore up and I am not pleased with how they perform all the time although in good sand I love them. So my list of upgrades for the winter are as follows I just need some advice on what is the best bang for the buck and best product I dont mind spending a little more but dont want to pay for something that sucks.
1. Doonz Tires front and rear
2. Full swing open doors
3. Intake
4. Exhaust
5. Power Commander
6. Clutch Kit and new belt
7. Car to car radio communication we have 2 rzr s models, an arctic cat , teryx and a rhino to ride with and all are interested in communication. So what are the best products you have found and where along with suggestions are appreciated I know a turbo or big bore is the best power mods but I am not ready to tear into the motor and the budget isnt there for a turbo or the need really just want a little more so i dont have to full throttle as much on the dunes
what top speed are you getting with just thoes upgrades

·
Rzr Rookie
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct none of the upgrades done yet so I cant help you out with top speed afterwards but stock on bighorns I can get 63 on hard pack and 62 with the dunestars in good sand but soft sand gets closer to 55 or so I was hitting the jumps at 50 last weekend and wanted more because I was still 5 feet shorting of landing on the really good transition at the bottom of the dunes. Power steering could be a valuable upgrade I havent looked at but the sand does make turning fairly easy with the current setup

·
Registered
932 Posts
I would say go with the intake next, get something to replace the factory air cleaner so you wont have to worry about it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Doonz will help a lot in the sand, I would get them next. I have the PCI radio/intercom and love it, but luckly havent had much need for the car to car radio except to say watch this s***. HID's are also alot of help at night. I want to do an exhaust and clutch, but wife says i have too much money into it already. We will see. Also a good set of seats are nice for a long day of riding.

·
Banned
399 Posts
x2 on the seats! Love to get some but I got the same problem.

·
Registered
141 Posts
check out the new Dragonfire doors. They are suicide doors and the latch is similar to a regular car door latch. Just close the door and it latches, no need to pull a lever to shut the door

·
Registered
5 Posts
x3 on the rugged race radios. I have them in my rhino and just picked up anthor setup to put in at the ssss. They are one of my best upgrades, not only for the watch this stuff but the the safety factor involved.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Doonzs are tops ! dont forget 5 point seat belts , I like my Crows but i here Dragon fire has a nice set , i havent done this yet ( only cause i cant find them as of late , but i like the Makin traxs Springs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
go with skat-trak, not doonz. a little more $$ but worth it!
havent tried the skat trak paddles, but was more than pleased with the doonz. I think that either one will improve your performance substantially . My doonz paddles helped me climb hills in 2 wheel drive that i couldnt get all the way up in 4wd the previous trip with stock tires aired down.
Do the skats provide that much of an improvement over the doonz for the extra $, or is it better to put that $ towards something else?

·
Rzr Rookie
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the advice guys I already have the dragon fire 4 points they went in when it was a week old but I am going to buy a submarine strap to add to them I did see the dragon fire doors last night and think they will be the first thing to order since the stock net on the driver side got ripped off by the tire last weekend. As for the doonz vs skat trak I am leaning towards the doonz since I have to ride over a lot of black top at little sahara and had a problem on my 450 with the paddles tearing. I will check into the rugged race stuff need to get prices so we can all order together. Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
1,182 Posts
Clutch Clutch and Clutch! Best up grade for the money! Then a Rugged Radio, they will save you and you get a cool stereo system from it as well;)

·
Registered
932 Posts
I use Doonz at Little Sahara, they worked very well, I have never tried the scats but the doonz let you slide easy and they held up pretty well on the asphalt camp roads.

·
Rzr Rookie
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What do you recommend for the clutch like a dirty dawg kit or something else. I dont really like epi because two of the other side by sides we run with have a duner kit and it eats up rollers pretty often. Thanks for the info nfk its good to hear how the doonz work and hold up someplace I ride also has anyone tried the dragon fire clutch kit I really like there products and would like to hear how they work as well

1 - 20 of 25 Posts