Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we were testing our new belt which is about .100" thicker than the OEM Ranger, RZR 900 and General belts which makes them extremely more reliable but we noticed something else, the added contact patch between the belt and the clutch almost eliminated jerky starts and belt slipping. I would say totally stopped it but someone will have a worn clutch and still get a little but on the two I was testing on here there was none. On our XP 1000 with the thick belt option, I got the same results.

The test vehicles were a Ranger 900 and my own Ranger 1000.

After the belt install, we pulled out of the shop and sat at the bottom of the pond damn that sits in front of our shop, left it in High range and put in AWD, I was able to creep up the damn barely moving and never a jerk or slip, the owner was blown away.

With my Ranger I was pulling a 8ft wide steel drum filled with water that is used to pack dirt and I have 30" tires, I left it in High range and purposely started off slower than I normally would and once again, no slip or jerk.

Without the drum, I was driving in low and speedometer never came off zero and rpm was just 1700.

I am afraid I am going to hurt our Duraclutch sales because our new belts grip so well. There are still people who need it and love the features but a new belt might just do the trick for you. Me personally I put the Duraclutch back on, one reason I had it and two the clunk in secondary is not gone with just the belt and is with Duraclutch

I am getting off track here, the main thing is our new belt is just amazing on any 900 Ranger, 900 RZR, General and Ranger 1000 because it is thicker than the stock belt.

https://www.hunterworks.com/hw_cvt_belts

Click that link and read the tech articles

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
444 Posts
Wow, this is great news!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
So any chance you will be making a rzr 800 belt?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice...will be ordering one shortly.. Thanks Todd

17 1kS

·
Registered
558 Posts
So the the Gates C12 belt I bought from you & didn't put on yet is obsolete?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Why would the gates be obsolete? He doesn't manufacture them. Just sells them. They still exist and are just as functional as the day you bought it.

I'm running stock polaris. Have the gates as spare. Thinking about giving this new belt a try. Doesn't hurt to have a couple spares!

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
Why would the gates be obsolete? He doesn't manufacture them. Just sells them. They still exist and are just as functional as the day you bought it.

I'm running stock polaris. Have the gates as spare. Thinking about giving this new belt a try. Doesn't hurt to have a couple spares!

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
I know it's not obsolete.
:doh:I guess what I should have said is, If I knew you were coming out with your own " Better " belt I would have waited to buy one!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts