Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help.
I’ve read so many variations of nitrogen pressure for walker Evans shocks on a 2015 rzr1000 that I’m none the wiser.125 psi to 200psi what does everyone reccomend.
Also I’ve seen 5t and 10wt oil reccomended....which is correct .
Tia
Steve

·
Super Moderator
7,663 Posts
Do you have the shop manual?

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
I ran 150 psi in my XP1000,, can't help with oil,, its whatever Walker put in when they serviced them

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
How are you filling them with nitrogen other than a dealer or shop? I would like to add to mine

I have access to a tank/regulator set up.

You can get the stuff from Schmidity Racing minus the tank.

Unless you do a lot of tuning I would just find a local shop to charge them

·
Registered
5 Posts
per I call I had with a WER tech:

"use 10wt oil and 200 psi nitrogen."

however, after I talked to him a bit more and told him I ride east cost trails not dunes, he said I could lower the nitrogen pressure and be fine. so I run somewhere between 135 and 150 psi and I used maxima shock oil.

sorry this is 8 months late

·
Registered
121 Posts
Getting ready to rebuild mine. Considering using Argon instead of Nitrogen since I have a TIG setup. Haven’t read any negatives except Argon costs more... but already have setup and wont use much to fill shocks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
A phone call to Walker Evans Racing will get you a gallon of their proprietary 10 wt oil for much less than equivalent volume others sell. A gallon will be sufficient for all four shocks. Their OEM seal kits are also cheaper than other sellers. You will also need the Independent Floating Piston, IFP, tool to rebuild a shock. A zero loss pressure gauge setup for nitrogen fill is a must with this high pressure and low volume application. 200 psi nitrogen fill improves ride quality. Once you are setup with nitrogen and zero loss pressure gauge, you can experiment with pressure as you see fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts