Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide what model to get. I have been quoted 16249 for the 2013 orange madness and 16599 for the Walker Evans. Should i get the Walker Evans wor trail riding in Arkansas? Does anyone know the exact with measurments for the front and rear with the LE tires, trying to put in an enclosed trailer that will be very tight and the only dealer with them is several hours away. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The XP's are all 64" at the widest point from the factory I believe. I have ITP wheels and tires on mine which make it 67" wide in the back (added 1.5" per side due to the wider wheel and offset difference) and have ridden many of the trails here in Arkansas with no problem at all.

Both machines are great though as far as that part goes but everyone says the Walker Evans shocks are a really nice upgrade for the XP's and would cost you much more than the price difference (like $2000) to add them later.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
All depends where your riding. Last weekend I was riding trails that a 64" machine would not fit on. I was looking at longer a-arms until this last trip now I'm buying a better skid plate. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
882 Posts
All depends where your riding. Last weekend I was riding trails that a 64" machine would not fit on. I was looking at longer a-arms until this last trip now I'm buying a better skid plate. Good luck.

Fortunatally we don't have any trails like that here in Arkansas or even nearby, at least not that I've found and I've ridden on almost ever trail in Arkansas and bordering areas. Been told by numerous people when I first got my XP900 that I couldn't fit a 64" machine down this trail or that trail and so far every time I've proven them wrong with ease :ride:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Well there you go. If it fits, get it. I have a 2010 walker Evans and love the shocks. Very smooth riding.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
No doubt! get the WE edition. Afco's or WE shocks will cost you 12-1500 extra, and you will want to replace your stock shocks in a short amount of time. We ride 95% very tight AR and MO trails. They are as tight and rough as any trails out there. I dropped $1485.00 on a set of Afco MT-1's and MT PR springs, to get the same affect as the WE series.
You work at Hawker?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Brad, just buy the w.e. unless you like the looks of the orange madness better, then come to little sahara with me next week

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The XP's are all 64" at the widest point from the factory I believe. I have ITP wheels and tires on mine which make it 67" wide in the back (added 1.5" per side due to the wider wheel and offset difference) and have ridden many of the trails here in Arkansas with no problem at all.

Both machines are great though as far as that part goes but everyone says the Walker Evans shocks are a really nice upgrade for the XP's and would cost you much more than the price difference (like $2000) to add them later.
I have ridden trails at Ross Foundation that a S would not fit, without a chainsaw.

·
Registered
882 Posts

I have ridden trails at Ross Foundation that a S would not fit, without a chainsaw.

We just rode there about 6 weeks ago in a big group with several XP900's, two RZR-S, a RZR4-S, and a CanAm Commander 1000X and put on 110 miles on the trails without any duplications other than the main road going back to the vehicles at the end of the day and we all fit on every trail. A couple of them had a few tighter spots for my 67" wide XP900 but it still fit through. I know they do have a few MX-only trails that a very small older model honda 250 can sometimes slip down, but then even a 50" RZR or XP850 ATV wont fit down those, not that it stops some people from trying.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Two seater

·
Registered
882 Posts
I just checked with Jacob at Sunrise in Polaris, he said he'd do $15,595 out the door (not counting tax, unless you have a farm form) for the 2013 Walker Evans Edition XP900 LE and he actually has one in stock. He just checked and said at least according to the computer they are the only dealer in the state of Arkansas right now that actually has one in stock.

Their number is 501-268-4621 and ask for Jacob, tell him James from Sandtown Ranch told you to call him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info guys. RMR man im the guy from the Ar RZR RAlley that was nick named tire plug, nope dont work where you mentioned. I also have a 50" rzr just looking to add to the fleet. Southen Gypsy do you do alot of business with sunrise? I have heard a couple stories about the price going up when you go to sign the final paperwork.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. RMR man im the guy from the Ar RZR RAlley that was nick named tire plug, nope dont work where you mentioned. I also have a 50" rzr just looking to add to the fleet. Southen Gypsy do you do alot of business with sunrise? I have heard a couple stories about the price going up when you go to sign the final paperwork.

Yes we do and have sent a lot of people and the price has never gone up for anyone we have sent, had someone just a few weeks ago that forgot Jacobs name, all they could remember was that it started with "J" and the girl up front got them with someone else who's name started with J and he didn't tell them as good of a price so they left without buying, then when they were here the following weekend and told me so I called Jacob and asked what happend and he said he never talked to them. So then he took their name and looked at the log and said ahh, wasn't me they talked to. So then they admited they'd forgot the name and only rememberd that it started with J. So Jacob and them finally got together and they bought it from him and got the price as promised and are in love with the machine, couldn't thank me enough, and said they're going back to Jacob from now on.

Another friend of mine got the very first 2013 Ranger XP900 LE EPS in Sunset Red in Arkansas from them week before last when I sent him to Jacob and got it a little over $800 less than the next closest place and he called all over the whole region, plus he didn't have to wait. Jacob promised to call him the very day the first one arrived and he called that Tuesday morning and said they just unloaded it. Joe put down his deposit over the phone and picked it up the next day. He is also very happy.

Another friend was getting the "close friends with the owner" deal on a 2013 XP900 LE EPS a couple of weeks ago at another dealer down in Little Rock, which they said was at their cost, and indeed it was over $700 less than anyone else in the whole region. I told him to call Jacob beofre buying, he did call Sunrise but did not ask for Jacob and got quoted a price $500 better than anyone else but still $200 more than his dealer, he admited he didn't ask for Jacob so I called Jacob and he immediatally beat that dealer by another $250

The Honda dealer which is owned by Sunrise but seperat buildings and totally seperate managements seems to have a couple of individual guys who pull the stupid thing with quoting one price and then something is off when you get there but I've never heard of a problem with Polaris side doing it, and Jacob will tear them up if he catches it (he's one of the managers) because it is policy for sales people NOT to do that and similar tricks, on both sides. They do not like that kinda crapple going on there. I once watched them call a newer salesperson who came over from the car dealer up the street into the office once for a chew out over doing that once and he had to explain himself to the customer (who then not only got the deal quoted on the phone but a gift card for $100 in free parts/accessories). The old finance guy who also could sell got fired over it last year. If you catch a sales person doing it at Sunrise you let a manager know, they will stop it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts