Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all im new to the site and will be picking up my new RZR next week. I have not picked out one yet decided to ask questions first. I was almost ready to buy a 2011 RZR 800 now my friends say that i have to get the RZR S that the Plain RZR's have the worst suspension compared to the others. So is the general RZR suspension really that bad?
Thank you

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
It really depends on what it is your going to do with your RZR and how much you want to spend. If all your going to do is go to the dunes then get an S, they are a bit more stable at high speeds and with the long travel suspension it's much smoother in the rough stuff. They also perform well on the trails but you lose the tighter turning radius of the 50 incher. If your going to do tight trail riding you may want to get the 50 inch model.
As for the suspension, on a stock 50 incher (not the WER version) is better than any other stock vehicle out there but does suck compared to a long travel car! Great thing about the RZR is that you have tons of options. I have an 09 LE 50 incher and first upgraded the springs and that made a huge difference, then after the money tree in the backyard started dropping $100 bills I upgraded to the WalkerEvans adjustable shocks and took both sway bars off and the ride is 1000 times better than stock:ride:
So, if ya have the $ to get the WER version than go for it! If not, get the standard RZR drive it like ya stole it and upgrade as soon as your tree sprouts some hundies:rofl3: Hope this helped and good luck! You will have a ton of fun with whatever you end up with:ride: Half the fun for me is tearing the RZR apart and personalizing it the way I want it and what works for my style of driving.
George

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i live down south in the Desert mostly rough road and sand wash rideing and alot of trails i have always rode quads this is my first side by side. Speed is not much of a factor for us unless we want to rebuild the whole bottom half of our rides do to large rocks and such. And if the Walker evans only comes in red im not going to get it, would rather build it my way anyways.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Well i live down south in the Desert mostly rough road and sand wash rideing and alot of trails i have always rode quads this is my first side by side. Speed is not much of a factor for us unless we want to rebuild the whole bottom half of our rides do to large rocks and such. And if the Walker evans only comes in red im not going to get it, would rather build it my way anyways.
If you are mostly in the desert then IMO I would look at the 2011 base model S. It's cheaper than the LE model with Fox Shocks, it comes with mid grade non compression adjustable shocks and is long travel. That way you could always upgrade to better shocks later.
If you were to buy a standard 50" model and want to upgrade to long travel in the future with decent shocks, you're going to be looking at roughly $2500-3000. Better to get base model or LE model S IMO:ride:

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
If you are mostly in the desert then IMO I would look at the 2011 base model S. It's cheaper than the LE model with Fox Shocks, it comes with mid grade non compression adjustable shocks and is long travel. That way you could always upgrade to better shocks later.
If you were to buy a standard 50" model and want to upgrade to long travel in the future with decent shocks, you're going to be looking at roughly $2500-3000. Better to get base model or LE model S IMO:ride:
X2.. Get the Base S and stick some good shocks on it. You will be much happier. For Desert riding I wouldn't even give the standard a look. Even for tight trail riding a LT kit makes a huge difference in stability and ground clearance..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.