Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't want a permanent windshield since it doesn't snow or really rain out hear in the desert. So I have been looking at this... Quad Gear Polaris RZR Windshield by Classic Accessories
I figured in case the wife gets cold or we do encounter some weather elsewhere I could take this with us, and it wouldn't take up much space. So my question is... "Has anyone used one of these and could share their experiences on how they hold up?" "Do they fit okay, rip easy, straps tear easy, and etc...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I really don't want a permanent windshield since it doesn't snow or really rain out hear in the desert. So I have been looking at this... Quad Gear Polaris RZR Windshield by Classic Accessories
I figured in case the wife gets cold or we do encounter some weather elsewhere I could take this with us, and it wouldn't take up much space. So my question is... "Has anyone used one of these and could share their experiences on how they hold up?" "Do they fit okay, rip easy, straps tear easy, and etc...

Thanks!
Hey thats kinda cool... coulda used that in Mammoth when it started dumping rain out of nowhere. Then again you can always carry a roll of saran wrap and wrap the A-pillars up real quick for a temp windshield. :rofl3:

My concern would be the dust that will naturally stick to the vinyl... and then when you try to wipe it you will scratch the hell out of it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks!
Hey thats kinda cool... coulda used that in Mammoth when it started dumping rain out of nowhere. Then again you can always carry a roll of saran wrap and wrap the A-pillars up real quick for a temp windshield. :rofl3:

My concern would be the dust that will naturally stick to the vinyl... and then when you try to wipe it you will scratch the hell out of it.
That was my major concern. Use it a few times and then it's so scratched it may be to annoying to look through. Don't want to just throw money out the window!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I built three windshields using 1/4 Lexam. When I finished the first Full-windshield, I cleaned it with windex and a paper towel. To my shock - I had just scratch the hell out of it.

I call the vender where I bought the Lexan and found out I didn't order the Lexan with "Hard Coating" on both side.

The next two windshields, full and half, were made with the MR10 Coated Lexan - They are great!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
vinyl seems like a good idea except for the fact that you can't hardly see through it. the dust, glare, and fuzzy images will give you a headache.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I like the idea I can roll it up and put it in the trailer when I don't need it or stash it in the back of the RZR. Someone buy it and report back.

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
I like the idea I can roll it up and put it in the trailer when I don't need it or stash it in the back of the RZR. Someone buy it and report back.
having owned a couple softtops on vehicles, storage requires a great deal of care or it will also scratch and cloud up. basically, you need to lay paper down so none of the clear vinyl touches itself.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
having owned a couple softtops on vehicles, storage requires a great deal of care or it will also scratch and cloud up. basically, you need to lay paper down so none of the clear vinyl touches itself.
Good info right there. Thx.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah don't think I want to have to carry a roll of papertowels around just to save the vinyl. So thanks for the feedback Woody!
This is all good info from all that commented. I think there is a reason why no one has one that commented so far. Seems like a lot of reasons why you don't see vinyl on Jeep Wranglers anymore.

I think I'm going to go with a half windshield(Scratch coated on both sides) as Moss pointed out. The wife can just put a bigger coat or rain jacket on.
Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts