Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 21' velocity and I'm disappointed in the ride quality. I disconnected the front sway bar and that helped so I installed walker links, and installed a spring kit from MTS offroad. The ride is still harsh in the chop and trail riding. High speed stuff, whoops and small jumps don't seem to be an issue. I'm coming from a 17xp4, I had shock therapy springs, and walker evans re-valved them and it rode night and day better than my new Turbo S. I'm leaning towards walker links in the back but trying to wait on a re-valve till shocks need service. Anyone have advice? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts
There just like all factory Polaris shocks and springs. If you want them to really perform... especially in the small chop you need to send them off and get them re-valved and re- sprung. When I buy a new machine the first thing I do is the shocks and springs. Next is a aftermarket cage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm with ya ride quality is trash...any suggestions on spring an revalve, im 35 min away from gforce....anyone used them?

·
Premium Member
2021 PRO XP ULTIMATE, 2015 XP1000
661 Posts
Have Walker Evans Racing update your velocity shocks with the dual rate springs and valving. The Velocities WER work on are way better than the velocities Polaris buys. Check on their website.

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts
I'm with ya ride quality is trash...any suggestions on spring an revalve, im 35 min away from gforce....anyone used them?
Gary at Gforce is absolutely one of the best ...you are lucky you are that close

Reactions: nal3470

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have to agree with the velocity’s being harsh on the turbo S. I talked to a lot of shock builders about them. General consensus was WE left a lot on the table with the velocity’s and they respond very well to valving and correct spring setup.
After talking to George White at double E racing a few times I decided to send mine off to him to get reworked. I should be back together by next weekend to give a test run.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Comparing the Velocity ride to a machine with ST springs isn’t a fair comparison. I have the Turbo S Dynamix and though the ride from the factory was fine, changing to ST springs was night and day.

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts
@Severe_north
I look forward to hearing your full report after you get them back from George ....I think you will be very happy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Initial impression with my shocks from E2E was very good.
George called and explained things very thoroughly with me.
He sets them up to directly bolt on. His build has basically 0 preload.
On the fronts he removes the bottom cup and utilizes a machined retainer plate like the rear, this allows for a couple more inches of spring I guess. The upper spring is his own proprietary progressive rate spring.
He replaced all my stock servicing caps that use the rubber diaphragm with shrader caps.
After bolting them on I didn’t have to touch anything. Ride height is spot on.
I have only had time to blast around a big field out back. Very, very impressed. The machine is on rails and soaks up all chatter. No body roll!! It’s like an entirely different machine. 1000 times better than stock. Hopefully I get out this weekend for more testing before I head to windrock at the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts
Good to hear !! ...keep us posted as you get more time on them.

·
Ed, The Suspension Guy
735 Posts

The velocities require a full revalve and different rate springs than what comes stock from Polaris. It’s one of those things, “people dont know what they don’t know!” Till they actually experience how much better this car can be everywhere!! I set it up so it can work a ton better in the sand as well as the dirt with only twisting the dials and maybe some rear crossovers hight adjustments to set up for max dunes or mashing the whoops in the Dez!

customer quote,

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
View attachment 671133

View attachment 671134
The velocities require a full revalve and different rate springs than what comes stock from Polaris. It’s one of those things, “people dont know what they don’t know!” Till they actually experience how much better this car can be everywhere!! I set it up so it can work a ton better in the sand as well as the dirt with only twisting the dials and maybe some rear crossovers hight adjustments to set up for max dunes or mashing the whoops in the Dez!

customer quote,
View attachment 671135
Ed, That Trailler looks like it might be in Parker or Earp. If so can I bring my Velocity to you for some shock tuning?

·
Ed, The Suspension Guy
735 Posts
Ed, That Trailler looks like it might be in Parker or Earp. If so can I bring my Velocity to you for some shock tuning?
Yes, it’s echo lodge, Parker dam. Customer car, We did some fine tuning.
I would need to bring the shocks home to work them. Car will be butter here in the Parker area hard pack!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts