Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, wanted to know if anyone else has had a valve break below the keeper grooves? Lucky, mine did it while idling or it could have been bad! I am using +2mm over SS. Talking with Trey, he said it has happened before. What is the best valve to install? I don't want to have this happen again. I turn mine up near 7800 and have seen 8200. So, need something strong.

Does anyone make a roller rocker arm? I got a feeling the that might be part of the problem loading the valve with side pressure?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
roller rocker tips dont really releave enough side stress to make a differance ,some one sells em they have i.7 ratio and claim more valve lift , but the owner of web cams says stock is 1.68 so the set of rollars at 600 bucks probably of dubious value to you. sounds like quality control in manufacturing issues , valley head service in nothridge ca. renachines s.s valves from I think a turbo subarue for theres give them a call. Another important tip put some dykem on valve tips rotate engine a few tims and make sure rocker tip was centerd on valve tip. Nut this really only affects valve guide life, years ago before high ratio rockers were avalible we'd set them up on dragsters to run right on outside tip of rocker to give slightly more lift in bracket classes with spec cams for alittle more lift . Again more guide ware but never led to breakage, just below retainer grooves highest stress point on valve, we fond breakage there was always bad valve

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have HPD valves now.

No, broke at the shop adjusting the fuel system on the PC. THANK GOD!

·
Trail Junky
348 Posts
Was it an HPD valve that broke? If so, it isn't the first I've heard of them breaking.

Brian

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
Do a search on this. There was a big discussion or 2 about this last year iirr. Many people chimed in.
Don't want to mention any vendors, but you should check this out as it applies to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts