Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres also one on the 13 at durhamtown it may be called somthing different i think the racer x series but its a 4 hour race as well and it used to be the rally raid.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also where did you get your cage from i really like it. I have the stock one on there now and it just doesn't seem like its enough.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
UTV Rally Raid operated by Quantum Racing ran their racing series at Durhamtown last year. They moved the series to Stoney Lonesome for the 2012 schedule. Durhamtown then created their own little racing series, I'm not sure the name of it.

I'm just pointing this out so that there isn't any confusion to anyone new to the racing in the Southeast, that's all.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Also where did you get your cage from i really like it. I have the stock one on there now and it just doesn't seem like its enough.
DG Offroad, they have a forum on here. I'd suggest calling and talking to Davin. It was very reasonably priced and I really like the look of it. Very happy customer!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Do you get to ride often at Durhamtown? I've only been down there once but really enjoyed everything they had to offer, was a good time with the group of guys that I ride with.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyway is there anything you are doing to or any parts you put on it for the UTVRR just wondering because this is my first rally raid type race and i could use some info or tips

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes i do i live near columbia SC so its about a 2 hour trip but it is defiantly worth the gas money and entry fee we go about 1 or 2 times a month and i love it

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
alright thanks sorry for the confusion about the race and i will defiantly look into that cage
Check out UTV Inc., they have some really good product that they build. I'm not sure what other sponsoring vendors on here build cages.

But I'd talk to both UTV Inc. and DG Offroad

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
yes i do i live near columbia SC so its about a 2 hour trip but it is defiantly worth the gas money and entry fee we go about 1 or 2 times a month and i love it
Our group Fall ride is at Carolina Adventure World the weekend of October 20th, really looking forward to seeing that place.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
anyway is there anything you are doing to or any parts you put on it for the UTVRR just wondering because this is my first rally raid type race and i could use some info or tips
IMO the musts are an aftermarket cage, 4 point harnesses and a closed faced helmet, fire extinguisher.

Nice to have: clean air system (if the place you are racing is dusty), aftermarket seat, upgraded suspension components (stronger).

I'm not a racer though, just a sponsor. You'd probably get better advice from a lot of the guys on here that race of what you really need, should have and could have.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we went there for our first time and it was very interesting it was 3 weeks ago and i enjoyed it some what. if your into tight trails, mud, and the river its great but it defiantly could use some improvement i like more track type riding so i didn't like it as much but its worth checking out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IMO the musts are an aftermarket cage, 4 point harnesses and a closed faced helmet, fire extinguisher.

Nice to have: clean air system (if the place you are racing is dusty), aftermarket seat, upgraded suspension components (stronger).

I'm not a racer though, just a sponsor. You'd probably get better advice from a lot of the guys on here that race of what you really need, should have and could have.
alright thanks i just ordered some pumpers and we are starting to sell rigid industries light bars so we picked up a 30 inch e-series as well. After that we are a little tight on money so we will have to see about the cage i defiantly want one thoe.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
we went there for our first time and it was very interesting it was 3 weeks ago and i enjoyed it some what. if your into tight trails, mud, and the river its great but it defiantly could use some improvement i like more track type riding so i didn't like it as much but its worth checking out.
Did you run on their circle track?

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts